Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #1

Thinking of purchasing a Rv club Membership

Hi,
I am new to this Forum. I found a discount RV club membership that seems like a good deal. It is called Campresorts INC. hAS ANY HEARD ABOUT THEM. They give discounts at 10 bucks a night in both RPI AND
COAST TO COAST. iT IS 549.00 FOR A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP.
Kregptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregptl View Post
Hi,
I am new to this Forum. I found a discount RV club membership that seems like a good deal. It is called Campresorts INC. hAS ANY HEARD ABOUT THEM. They give discounts at 10 bucks a night in both RPI AND
I have not heard of this particular one. There are a few out there that are scams so be careful. Generally, IMHO, if it sounds to good to be true, it is. Caution.
There is Good Sam, Passport America and FMCA that all have good reputations as far as discounts are concerned.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I stand with dennis54
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thinking of purchasing a Rv club Membership

Sounds too good to be true. Call a few of the listed campgrounds and first see what their price is. Then tell them you have the membership and find out what the discounted price is.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
After having no end of grief with Thousand Trails, I'd never, ever, EVER get another similar thing. Only 'discount' outfit I've found worthwhile is Passport America. Not usually the greatest resort type campgrounds, but at typically under $20 a night, well worth it.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hi,

$10 a night discount at selected campgrounds ? You will never live long enough to get your money's worth !
Good Sam, Passport America, and for a cellphone app, Allstays. Allstays list EVERY campground in the USA.
Another good resource is RV Park Reviews.
Happy Trails
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
$10 a night discount at selected campgrounds ? You will never live long enough to get your money's worth !
Good Sam, Passport America, and for a cellphone app, Allstays. Allstays list EVERY campground in the USA.
Another good resource is RV Park Reviews.
Happy Trails

Unless my math skills are as bad as my savings account might suggest, if the deal was legitimate he could recover the cost of membership in less than two months.

My experience with these kind of deals is that when I ask for the price I get one figure, when I then ask for the promised discount I'm told the quoted price was already discounted. My experience with this kind of stuff has been dismal.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bennett View Post
After having no end of grief with Thousand Trails, I'd never, ever, EVER get another similar thing. Only 'discount' outfit I've found worthwhile is Passport America. Not usually the greatest resort type campgrounds, but at typically under $20 a night, well worth it.
What problems have you had with thousand trails that you would never get one like it again? I am a member and have not had a bad experience yet.
Please enlighten me if you don't mind. My DD and SIL have been members since 2006 and seem to like it as well. My membership is attached to theirs.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bennett View Post
We had a bad experience with Thousand Trails, too. Read ALL the fine print.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi,
Here is what they charge annually you after they collect the $549:

Membership Total Cost:
Affiliation into Coast to Coast: Included ($99.95 annually thereafter)
Affiliation into Resort Parks International: Included ($65.00 annually thereafter)
First Quarter Home Park Dues: Included(billed $99.00 annually thereafter)
10% Cash Discount: <54.90>

This is from their website.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #11

Never buy one that has a yearly fee. You can not get out of them. Lawyers make the contacts ironclad. There are like an STD, once you get it, you have it. PassPort America and Good Sam are both great.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Never buy one that has a yearly fee. You can not get out of them. Lawyers make the contacts ironclad. There are like an STD, once you get it, you have it. PassPort America and Good Sam are both great.
I can vouch for Passport America. On one 4 day booking in May, we got a $115 discount using our lifetime PA Membership which we paid around $60. No more annual dues which means we are ahead of the game.
As for Good Sam, in a typical year, we will more than recover the $25 dues in 5-10% discounts.