Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
At a recent LaMesa 'RV Show' in Florida the signs on the new higher-end coaches showed the MSRP and an asking price of about 25% less. I did not validate any of these numbers. How much is this influenced by the fact that this is the end of the model year?

The new models generally come out in May so this really is more of a mid year situation. I still see most dealers of motorhomes start at 25% off and then you can negotiate off that number. They still need to move product and if it's on their lot they are paying interest on their floor plan.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #30

Does anyone know if this figure of 25% discount has varied significantly over the last twelve model years due to market demand or pricing practices? That is, if NADA shows an MSRP of $100k, is it reasonable to assume that it originally sold for $75k?

There was a 2014 model on the floor at a local car dealership last month. It feels inherently wrong to call it a 2014 when it was built, purchased and on the road by July of 2013. Where can I buy a 2015 RV this year?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Does anyone know if this figure of 25% discount has varied significantly over the last twelve model years due to market demand or pricing practices? That is, if NADA shows an MSRP of $100k, is it reasonable to assume that it originally sold for $75k?

There was a 2014 model on the floor at a local car dealership last month. It feels inherently wrong to call it a 2014 when it was built, purchased and on the road by July of 2013. Where can I buy a 2015 RV this year?

That's a very good question as to the change, if any, in discounts over the past few years. I have a pretty good feel for what it is today and has been for the last few years, but before that I have no idea.

What makes the purchase of a 2014 model RV today even more strange is that the chassis could be a 2012 chassis and the tires could even be from 2011.

It is pretty much impossible to determine exactly what someone may have paid for a unit when they originally purchased it. You could probably pretty safely assume that they SHOULD have paid about 30-38% less than list. Even that info can be skewed pretty heavily by trade ins.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Interesting discussion.
With the current surge in RV sales, I wonder if the 25% to 30% off MSRP is still alive?
If our purchase is any indication, then yes it is. We take delivery next week and our purchase price was just a tad more than 30% off MSRP. I just had to do a bit of back and forth to get there.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #33

As far as used go, it doesn't really matter what the first owner paid for it. Use your own math for what you think it should of sold for, then discount your price from there on what you think its worth today. Again, buying my 2011 Georgetown last July/August salesman and I were 14K apart. I went up 2K, he came down 12K. Deal.

As far as the market being up this year, that is true. However the big jump in numbers is for TT and other pull behinds. Up to July the nation wide figure for total class A sales was like just over 1700 units, which represented something like a 12.5% increase from last year. They'll deal just as Orangepeel stated. Finally, according to my dealer this is the busiest time of the year for them. A lot of the sales activity is upgrades from currant RV owners.