Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
The DW still has a couple of years left before she retires,she get five weeks of vacation so that lets us get some trips in,I've got plenty of honey do's on my list and work I need to do to the house.
I'm like many that has said on here,I'm finished with work,if I work,it's for me.

OH,and by the way I do own a motor home so there's always something to work on

Stanley & Barbara
2002 38" Monaco Knight Dp
stan5711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #16
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	102982  

Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:17 AM   #17
When I retired 4.5 years ago from the State of Missouri, my wife retired the same day.. I lasted 3 months and one day she told me "you have to go out and get a job, any job, your driving me crazy".. So I went out and got a part time job, 14/20 hrs a week as a driver for a mail pickup and delivery service.. After 4 years I finally re retired.. Now I have plenty to do.. We have a 11 year old RV and I spend a good bit up time cleaning, polishing, replacing worn parts, did I mention cleaning? LOL
Between my midlife crisis 1995 toyota celica gt convertible, motorhome, honda goldwing and my pup, Abbey, I am full time employed again.. LOL
Don't forget to stop and smell the roses and watch The Price is Right in the mornings... and Wheel of Fortune in the evenings... Important things to look forward to..
2004 Holiday Rambler DST
Jefferson City, Missouri
Navy vet 67/71 Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #18
The first thing I did was throw away all items related to my former job. And never looked back again.
Anyway the company I work for was in "reorganisation" What a bunch of A H
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #19
After I retired 5 years ago, I did a part time job, for a short while. It has gotten to the point that I wonder how I got any thing done while working. I get more done in the garden, take care of the MH, work(right) as an RSO at out local indoor range and do maintenance around the range. We get in some camping trips, during the week, so as not to have the weekend crowds to contend with, four wheeling and just plain relaxing. I still get up about 0430, old habits are hard to break, still work out three days a week and not worry about any of the details I did in the military.
Get into a hobby and stay active, that is the best thing I can pass on. Most of all enjoy retirement as you 'earned it'!
2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #20
Ford Super Duty Owner
This too will come to pass.
I retired just under a year and a half ago and my wife retired almost two months ago. For me it felt like I was on vacation that was going to end with every passing weekend; this lasted for about six months. Now we are so busy getting ready for and now finishing with a two weekend wedding/party. So, we haven't found the time to enjoy the RV as much as I would like.
We will be wintering in Florida starting just before Christmas and will be gone till May; then we will decide on whether to sell the sticks and bricks or not. There are many roads we haven't traveled and they keep calling my name.
I've had fleeting thoughts about getting a part time job: then my friends/family ask for help with their projects and the job thoughts seem to disappear. When "they" figure out you are retired, you will be a targeted helper; because "you're retired" and don't have anything to do; thus you won't have time for your own agenda.
Be patient and do the putzing thing and with passing time you will adjust to the "slower" pace of retirement. Enjoy.
Tom n Terri
Ty & Gavin (our rescued boys)
2008 Gulfstream Independence 8367, Triton V10-Ford F53 Chassis
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
OOOH it's nice to be out of a job. Retired at 48 almost 20 years now, did a bit of consultant work at first. Then some of my colleagues started retiring at a more conventional age and several lasted a year or two, passed. There and then I did the full retirement found a couple hobbies and joined a fitness club, not that I look like that today, two major surgeries later. But search what you like to do and find others with the same likes, Take Monday to clean the RV and Friday to get it ready to go for the weekend with the wife, her stress level will go down too. You only have the rest of your life ahead of you to look forward to.

2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #22

Originally Posted by laurier View Post
The first thing I did was throw away all items related to my former job. And never looked back again.
Well, after retiring at 58 , it took me about 3 days to adjust, DW was only working PT.
BUT, after 44 years of automotive/RV repair, then switching from a 5er to a coach , disposing of a tool collection wasn't an option.
Yes, the numbers are correct, dad had a garage, older sister's car needed repair ( head gasket) dad didn't have time to fix it and said, car will be yours when, you get your license and your sister goes to university, so you'll have to know how to fix it, take the cylinder head off. I said; right , what's a cylinder head? He said start at the top and work your way down and remember where everything goes, and a 44 year career was born.
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #23

I feel your pain. I retired on July 3rd but have some much time bilt up I'm on the payroll until mid-November. Right now it just feels like I'm on vacation. I don't know exactly how I will feel when the reality sets in that I will never be going back to the office.

I was fortunate to have a job I loved and a career I know I will miss. I worked way too long and decided I best retire while we both have our health.

We shall see what the future holds.
Jim & Sandy
2011 Discovery 36J
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:37 AM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I retired 2012 at 54 I'm in the process of building my dream hobbie shop big enough for my RV or others ... I grew up in a paint an body shop my dad had in Dallas... I want to build a few pick-ups and RVs maybe .... But this is how I plan to stay busy.... I have raised cattle on a ranch here in east Texas .. I'm converting beef into a building now. If I had it to do over I would have built the building sooner... stay busy

1995 Monaco Dynasty
32' B5.9 Banks, 6 speed Alison 3060
2008 HHR Panel toad
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote