Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have any personal experience with a Baystar, but have been in a number of excellent Newmars and would bet that it will be superior to the ACE.

That said, you can't expect $250k results from a $90k rig. And even expensive rigs aren't immune to rattles (especially after you get your gear loaded) as you bounce your way down the road. A certain amount of "house noise" is likely in most any RV.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #16

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I don't have any personal experience with a Baystar, but have been in a number of excellent Newmars and would bet that it will be superior to the ACE.

That said, you can't expect $250k results from a $90k rig. And even expensive rigs aren't immune to rattles (especially after you get your gear loaded) as you bounce your way down the road. A certain amount of "house noise" is likely in most any RV.
yes as you said , went for a test ride in a 3310 newmar today it was nice but still had some rattling but nothing compared to the thor ace we went in.
they sell new fleetwood's on the same lot and the wife really liked them better as far as floor plan , they where the bounder 33c and the 35k also the Tera 35k has the same floor plan as the bounder but of course around $25k less any info on these model's would be great ,also reliability. I think the bounder classic has the same model's just not as much bling but they have the 19.5 tire's vs the 22's much difference in the ride ?

thank's again for all your help
mike

Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #17

Hey Mike....really too bad you can't get you or your wife's head around used vrs new. For the 100k you might spend on new.... you could have the 250k unit...albeit a couple of years old.

Buying used is more work, but you get so much more for your money. If I was going to drop 500k, I could have ....new....almost any of the major brands top model. I'd still rather go looking for a great buy on a lightly used Newell or Prevost.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #18

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Hey Mike....really too bad you can't get you or your wife's head around used vrs new. For the 100k you might spend on new.... you could have the 250k unit...albeit a couple of years old.

Buying used is more work, but you get so much more for your money. If I was going to drop 500k, I could have ....new....almost any of the major brands top model. I'd still rather go looking for a great buy on a lightly used Newell or Prevost.
that would be nice but i'm not looking for a 20 + year old RV .

On a side note is the 20 to $ 25 K upgrade for the bounder vs the Terra worth it ? in the same model . some of the big thing's I see different being a newbie is that the bounder has 22.5 tire's and gas shock on the outside door's with nice handle's to open it and im sure there's a bit more inside the rv that im not aware of .
thank's
mike
Old 11-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #19

Evergreen Owners Club
ttt

thank's
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
On a side note is the 20 to $ 25 K upgrade for the bounder vs the Terra worth it ?
That's very subjective. There will be numerous differences, varying in degree, including things like fit and finish, quality of upholstery, flooring and cabinetry, sound-proofing, convenience items like handy switches and valves, all sorts of little things. The smaller tires is one such, another is a 6 gallon water heater vs 10 gallon in the Bounder, smaller propane tank, 8 cu ft fridge vs 12 cu ft, gas oven vs convection oven, etc. $25k buys a lot of little stuff, so the list will be long but probably hard to pin-point.

If you were thinking that they merely up'ed the profit margin on the Bounder, that will not be the case. The RV business is extremely price competitive among manufacturers, so no model is overpriced vs its competition. It may, however, include items that are unimportant to you, but only you can answer that. For example, depending on your usage habits, you may find that you run out of hot water once in awhile with a 6 gal heater, but that probably won't happen with 10 gal. Is that "worth it"?

One of the reasons we suggest used rigs is that you can have the enhanced features without paying much at all for them.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #21

Evergreen Owners Club
thank you
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
that would be nice but i'm not looking for a 20 + year old RV .
mike
As one who was recently looking to move into a new MH I can tell you this - you've got really BAD information about used MH's.

For 80K you can get 2005's DP that are much better quality then what you're looking at new Gassers.

Sure the wife looks at the floor plans she likes - as does mine. Heck mine wanted to purchase one unit over another because she liked the color scheme in the inferior model. When I drove it (hint it's a 4-letter that begins with a T) there was NO comparison to the Monaco, Tiffin or Newmar.

Sometimes you get what you pay for and other times you overpay for what you get but rarely do you get more than what you're paying for.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #23

Evergreen Owners Club
""Sometimes you get what you pay for and other times you overpay for what you get but rarely do you get more than what you're paying for.""

very true as of now we have narrowed it down to the fleetwood 35k or the 33c almost the same floor plan except the 33c has on less bathroom .

I'm going to look on rv trader and at least take a look at some 6 to 7 year old pusher's but I no my wife

thank's
mike
Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike, I'll just say that we really like our Bounder 33C.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Mike,

Let us know what you finally decide. We are close to going with the 35K Bounder. seems to be very well equipped for the money, the decision to go used or new is a real tough one. Good luck
13 Adventurer 37F
mike garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #26

Evergreen Owners Club
so I think we are going to go with either the 33c or 35k bounder when we are ready . just waiting for my boat to sell

mike
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #27

I looked at dozens of gas MH's. For the way you are going to use it get the Floor Plan that works. How long before your daughter wants to take 1 or 2 or even 3 of her friends along? Price #1, followed by floorplan.

BTW - the Winnie/Itasca are better than most other brands. They use metal while others use wood. Even in the front crash zone. Yes, wood painted black.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #28

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I looked at dozens of gas MH's. For the way you are going to use it get the Floor Plan that works. How long before your daughter wants to take 1 or 2 or even 3 of her friends along? Price #1, followed by floorplan.

BTW - the Winnie/Itasca are better than most other brands. They use metal while others use wood. Even in the front crash zone. Yes, wood painted black.
some of the bunkbed rv's are also nice but with only one kid I think it's alot of wasted space , if she bring's 1 friend with her as she get's older there would still be plenty of room in the 33 or 35 bounder " one friend would be enough responsibility no way would I take 2 or 3 "
thank's
mike

Tags
fleetwood, itasca, thor