Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Thor Palazzo or Newmar Ventana
Palazzo 2 6.25%
Ventana 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Tiffin Owners Club
We were looking at the Ventana for over a year but had a hard time finding exactly what we wanted and then getting the dealer to deal with us. Our desires included a bath and a half and found that most manufactures have a floorplan of that design. Searched the web for hours and hours, went to several rv shows, several dealerships but decided that the Ventana was our #1 choice.

We were at the Albana FMCA rally and had just finished driving a 43' Ventana but was informed that it wouldn't be available until Dec (it was a demo). Left the Newmar area and was walking back to our car when we spotted the Tiffin group, of which we had not investigated previously. Went over to look and spotted a 42' Phaeton bath and a half and realized that it not only was a better floor plan than the Ventana, but it was cheaper, had a larger engine (ISL v.s. ISC) and had a couple of accessories that the Ventana didn't have. The Tiffin salesmen were eager to deal and we pretty much made the deal right there. Two weeks later we drove it home and haven't look back since.

We did look at the Thor, but decided right off that it was not the quality we were looking for.

So, my point is, don't limit yourself to one or two brands....take you time and look around....

Good luck

lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
So, my point is, don't limit yourself to one or two brands....take you time and look around....
I understand this, but unfortunately this thread only concerns the Thor Palazzo and Newmar Ventana motorhomes.

Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by Resist View Post
I guess I'm just as confused, because I want good quality and a great price. This will be my first motorhome purchase and I don't want it to be a huge mistake.
SIGH! IMHO...the only way you can get both quality and price is a USED, high quality MH. I'm not going to trash talk other models. I have my feelings about what *I* think are the better quality MHs but I think you keep trying to pigeon hole those that are trying to answer your question in a fair manner. [moderator edit]

Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

newmar, thor, vent