Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Draco_M View Post
My parents are making an RV decision and they’d like some input from the RV community. They don’t use the internet much so I am posting.
They currently own a 2012 Winnebago Vista 26P Class A. They have had it for one year and 6,000 miles. Their previous motorhome was a 2005 Winnebago Minnie Winnie class C – 28 feet I think – that they owned for seven years and over 50k miles. They tow a Jeep Wrangler.
My mom loves the Vista. It is spacious with two slides. She likes the floorplan. My dad does not like the Vista for two reasons. First, he doesn’t like the way it handles. It doesn’t feel as much like a car as the class C he was used to. Second, he doesn’t like the fuel economy. The Vista gets 7mpg. The class C got 9mpg. I know 2mpg is a small difference but that is 20%.
They are now thinking of getting a 2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K class C. My dad thinks it will get 9MPG towing the Jeep and it will handle the same way he remembers the previous class C handles.
They have been to four dealers to get a price on the upgrade (or downgrade depending on perspective since the new unit is smaller.) With full body paint and jacks, the 2014 will have a MSRP of about $118k which is about $10k more than the MSRP on the 2012 Vista. The dealers have wanted a pre-tax difference of between $40k and $23k to do the deal. That’s a wide range. My guess is some are more optimistic on how much they could sell the traded-in Vista for.
Looking for thoughts on Aspect 27K. Could it get 9mpg towing the Jeep? Is it a well-liked coach? Is there anything else they should be thinking about? I know it all boils down to a decision that only they can make, but they are curious to get thoughts from the community. Thanks.
End of discussion. Unless of course your Dad is a complete idiot or enjoys eating uncooked food.

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Draco_M View Post
As far as being “selfish” I don’t think that is the issue. Both need to be happy J
That is certainly understood. My only point is you said your mother loves the present coach. Your fathers complaint is gas mileage (which is a falicy) and the handling (which can be corrected easily). So if your mother is ok with your fathers decisions, then there is certainly no problem.

John & Clare - Buck & Zeus - Jack & Husky
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
Towd: 2 HD Streetglides
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
A correction on the engine. Yes the A and the C have Ford V10. However when used in an A configuration it is rated at 362 horsepower and like 457 lbs. of torque. When used in a C that V10 is only rated at 315 hp and not sure about the torque. Ford makes several versions of the V10. IMHO I don't see the 2 mpg. difference in mpg happening. It appears to me dad wants the snazzier looking coach and he is coming up with reasons to either sell the Mrs. on why the change is needed or sell both him and her. The numbers don't add up to match his theories.
vincee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

We just when from a class C to a class A because the wife didn't like having to crawl over the under bed storage to get in bed. Is you mother ok with having to (almost, very little room) crawl into bed (assuming she sleeps on the left side of the bed)?

There is a bid difference in driving the class c & class a, but we love the extra room when the slides or out.
WBBB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
Update - my folks looked at the Class C that my dad wanted and my mom decided it was simply too small inside. There was also limited storage space on the outside. The slides are also not very big. So for now they are keeping their Vista. Every motorhome is a trade-off between needs, wants, and price I suppose.

Draco_M is offline   Reply With Quote