Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
DW and I are very new the MH scene. We have just made our 5th trip since May when we purchased our 2014 BOUNDER 33C. This last trip was a weekender to the TT in Gloucester Va. It is less than an hour from home. I am retired but DW is not and sometimes she just wants to get out of town on Friday. This past weekend I went up on Friday morn to set up. She joined me at 6. We do not plan on venturing west of the Mississippi until about 2018. We purchased our TT package for $425 for 2 zones(southeast which includes TX and the Northeast into the one CG they have in Maine). We are guaranteed the same renewal price for 4 years on our September anniversary. You can reserve 60 days out from arrival for 30 free included nights. $3 a night after that. I am told that you can snag a 3rd zone if you attend a sales talk. They would like you to upgrade your membership to an Elite package. Like anything...it's what you make of it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
http://http://rvlove.com/2015/01/28/thousand-trails-membership-upgrades/

As already brought up I highly recommend reading this blog post as it will answer all your questions

BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As a fulltimer, I'm interested in the multiple zones, where the camps are, what is the one-time outlay per zone, and which of those locations are allowing seasonal renters.
I need to see if the camps will be near my destinations, and conjure up the financial bottom line.
And with seasonals having the good sites, what is left? And can I get around the 2-week limit?
Well, I'm not a Thousand Trails sales rep, so I don't have any answers on pricing. AFAIK, however, right now they're offering a 2 zones for the price of 1 deal for new camping members. And I *believe* the membership cost about $560 per year. You should contact Thousand Trails directly for price info.

However, their zone map is easily accessible online right here.

As far as seasonals having the good sites, that has NOT been my experience. DW and I have NEVER had trouble getting good sites at any of the Thousand Trails campgrounds we have visited. Having said that, I do know of one TT location that is something like 90% seasonal - I wouldn't even try to get into Lake & Shore in New Jersey. However, Sea Pines is about 5 miles away and has had plenty of nice sites when we and family have been there.

One caveat is that you need to plan carefully around holidays. Don't plan on arriving on Friday afternoon of Labor Day weekend and expect a good site!! Their written policy is "first come, first served", with the obvious exception of seasonals.

And AFAIK you would have to upgrade to something like the Elite package to get around the 2-week limit. Is that a problem? We just returned last week from 2 full weeks at Thousand Trails Hershey (though Labor Day), and had a great site. We always plan to arrive on Sunday or Monday, never later than Thursday.

As I have said repeatedly, we are very happy with our Thousand Trails membership. It suits us and our needs very nicely. Certainly not everyone will find the same thing.

Roger
Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
http://http://rvlove.com/2015/01/28/thousand-trails-membership-upgrades/

As already brought up I highly recommend reading this blog post as it will answer all your questions
Good info. Thanks for posting!