Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #15

There's no wiggle room. They just have many different contracts. They even have a one preserve plan now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
wow reading this tells me there is so much wiggle room in their contracts
our 400 annual allows us free at any tt park, some with 50 amp charge 3 a night
i havent seen a ZONE clause in our paperwork, i might need to re-read it again
they did have a 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 and 10 yr plan
each one had its hits or misses
we figured if we stay 30 days at a minimum each year we used up the 400 in annual fees

for us that's easy as falling off a log
texoma was going through an upgrade of electrical and the 50 amp spots had a 3 surcharge, but we were assured this is not ever lasting...........
however 3 a night is a steal
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
TT - not where wanted them

Like a previous post, we looked at TT but their campsites were too far off the tourist path for us. Not full-timers. Use the MH when we visit around the US - historical sites, amusement parks, etc.
KSDP_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #17

Do some more research. We are Thousand Trails members. We feel we get exceptional value from our membership. We have never had trouble booking the time we want. But we didn't buy our membership from some nameless goof who happened to accost us in Camping World.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

We bought a TT membership on a resale deal a couple years ago. Paid much less than they now ask and there is no per night fee. It also has some perks that are not now available. Our annual dues are $550 for 50 nights per year, so it works out to $11/night if we use them all. I've seen memberships for sale for as little as $100. There are lots of different types of TT memberships with different rules and perks, so look around IF you think that sort of thing would suit you.

You generally don't have to pay the annual dues if you don't want to, but you lose your initial investment if you just stop paying. You can't sell it to anybody else if the dues are not current.

The main argument for NOT buying into TT(or similar) is the parks may not be where you want to go. If they are, and you use will them regularly, it's a no brainer. If you are not sure, don't buy because it is a long term commitment.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #19

Smile Thousand Trails Membership with AGP

My in-laws have had a membership to Thousand Trails for maybe 20 years. They bought it from one of the original members. It includes All Guest Pass, so the member(s) can travel with another camping family, and the guests get the same privileges as the member, which is free camping for 14 days per camp grounds. Their membership has access to all the Thousand Trail properties with no annual camping limits. He does pay annual dues. They never had problems getting reservations anywhere, but did not travel out of Texas very often. They are no longer able to travel and sold their Motorhome. If you are interested in purchasing his membership, please let me know. Thanks!
TT-AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I belong to Thousand trails and have never had a problem getting a site.. However I've only been to a few of their parks.. Some parks do have a problem during part of the year.

Most of the parks are older and running on a tight budget... but they are still nice and the cost is way less than say a week at a KOA.