Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Thousand Trails question

We have been members of Thousand Trails for a couple of years now. And are aware that they are now under a new Ownership/Management Company. Starting last fall we started receiving phone calls trying to get us to attend a meeting where we were told the purpose would be to discuss the changes to the membership program, how to make reservations and get the most out of the new system.

Well, we had a busy fall and never went to any of these invited meetings, but they call again the other evening giving the same scripted invitation to attend one of the scheduled meetings in the DFW area. My gut tells me this is simply an attempt to sell or up grade me into another program since this new O/M Company also is into time share properties, higher end resorts and condo rentals. If this is the case I would rather not waste my time to attend a sales presentation.

So if anyone can either confirm my gut feelings or tell me different I would sure appreciate the heads up.

JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
We attended a meeting last fall. You are correct, it is mostly about upgrading your membership. Such a deal we have for you. Thats why they want both spouses to attend. We already have what we will use so it was easy to say no.

radd226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Thor Owners Club
I look at the secondary market on those memberships and keep on driving.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I ask them why they do not hold the meetings in the parks, since most of the parks have very nice meeting rooms.. They gave me some.. Stuff.. About how it's not TT but a 3rd party marketing firm that is actually running the meetings, Still how come this company which claims to be short on cash is paying for rental of facilities identical to what they OWN?

Soem folks think it is because of how to tell when a salesman is presenting false information (His lips move).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
yep the meetings are mainly to get you to upgrade,
we have had the tt membership for 4 years and are really not happy
parks here in texas, all 6 are in bad shape, roads are horrible, sites are far from level, power 50 amp sites are pretty thin for the amount of sites overall,

we are seriously looking at cutting our losses and dropping the plan.
our last update meeting they told us the els property owners were stitching focus from rv parks to condos and timeshares and cruises. they told us the rv crowd is getting smaller and therefore the parks are not as important as they once were
in hindsight...i should have ran away from the sales pitch
but hey that's how we learn
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
I sure appreciate the feedback, I don't think I will be attending. Save me some time and money.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you don't catch the meeting at the invited time, you can probably see it in one of the parks - the major ones have them. But you are right - they are thinly veiled sales pitches, geared solely to get you to upgrade to their latest "good deal". We attended a couple and had a pretty good laugh. Nothing even remotely tempting.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
I think I will be a no show to the meeting. I have better ways to made use of my time....like get the Pacifica ready to hit the road.