Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #141
I'm 61, not quite retired, DW is a bit older and now retired. Been RV'ing as a family of three for about 15 years, on our second class A RV. RV'ing is one of the best things for a family to do together. We try to go out on weekends at least once a month, sometimes for several days. Some years, due to youth sports, scouts, etc., we didn't get to use it as much as we would have liked, now that son is off to college, we are going out more often. According to the log book, we have made 126 trips in 15 years, 14 trips in the past year. Our trips are usualy not to far in distance, as I am in the airline bussiness and we take a "company" plane if we are going any great distance. We have also joined with an RV club, meeting up with other RV'ers is the most fun that we have had. We are looking to my retirement within a few years, purchasing the retirement rig, and spending a lot of time on the road.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser
CalifCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #142
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
When are you planning on coming to So Cal as the deserts are getting close to heating up ?
It would be next winter; probably Feb - March. What would it be like in the deserts at that time of year?

Darrell and Candice
2008 Fleetwood Providence 40X
"Somebody left the gate open"
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #143
That's still a great time to explore the deserts. Based on rainfall the deserts might be full of color. Snoop around on DesertUSA.com for some information . Anza-Borrego State Park I think is one of coolest deserts to explore much different than any other and its huge !
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #144
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by darcan View Post
It would be next winter; probably Feb - March. What would it be like in the deserts at that time of year?
That's the perfect time to be in the desert. In fact we spend most of winter in the South West Boondocking. Lots of open space, free BLM areas to park your rig, great weather. The blooms don't tend to come out until later...around April is when you'll see the best flowers, and then it starts getting hot. We just spent the last three months in California and Arizona. Wonderful!
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #145
fulll timers here 33 and wife is 28
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #146
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
41, DW 39. Kids 11, 9,and 7. Mostly weekenders with 2-3 week-long trips per year. Wish we could do it more....
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #147
Myself 54, dw is 49. Still 2 kids here 13 and 14. Weekenders when I can. Will be working forever so it seems.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #148
Talking New to full time!

Where to start. I am 27. I live in South Carolina. I am from upstate NY originally. A previous marriage brought me down here. I have 2 cats; one black with two white spots and a gray and tan. I also have a yellow lab. I decided to go fulltime RV for a lot of reasons but the biggest was price. I can afford to live alone and I am loving it. I bought a 2004 Fleetwood Prowler- 34'. It is home and I found a great place to park it. I do work for a furniture manufacturing company. Loving living the life. Now just to learn more on maintenance etc! Any tips etc would be great!
*Diesel Girl*
*Yellow Lab -Ace *Two crazy cats- Kamie and Midnight*
*2004 Fleetwood Prowler*
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #149
Damon Owners Club
I am 34 and my wife is 42. We recently bought a 36' Damon Intruder and love to travel in the RV. Like some other's, finding dome people in our age range would be great. (Not knocking the older crowd, some know how to party)
marineatbn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #150
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by rode2nowhere View Post
Myself 54, dw is 49. Still 2 kids here 13 and 14. Weekenders when I can. Will be working forever so it seems.
We're close in age,our kids are a bit older, but I sure know what you mean - Time is going fast, but it seems like were never going to be able to afford to leave the work life behind us.
chaperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #151
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am 44, hubby is 40. We bought a cabover camper last year, about this time. We went away in July, and when we came home, one of the jacks wouldn't work. Took 12 days to get all the parts, and get that thing off the truck. I can NOT be without my truck for that long. It is now for sale. A couple weeks ago, we started looking at motor homes. We now have a 2003 Fleetwood Jamboree GT. Our first trip is in October, the family capout outside Needles, CA. Last time we went, we have a tent!
Having a cabover lasted less than a year. Now "moving into" a 2003 Fleetwood Jamboree GT.
DallasOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #152
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
wish I was young again, so I could post on your thread
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #153

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Me too... 59+ ooops now I can't dang.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #154
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
54 and DW is 56; RVing for 14 years in Class A's, started 23 years ago in a pop up with a Travel Trailer in between. 2 kids, 1 just graduated law school and the 2nd one is starting law school next week. Both still want to travel with us.

Mainly use ours for 1 week each year vacation plus tailgating, NASCAR races, visiting family, following my favorite college basketball team in March and hopefully April, motorcycle trips, and work instead of flying and staying in hotels when I can.

Hoping to retire between 60-62 so I can enjoy things even more!

Johnny Rotten
2009 American Eagle 42'
Trailering HD Road Glide and Saab 9.3 or Cadillac Escalade ESV
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote