Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #169
In the 40's, still in Phase I of Empty Nest, but already have grands. We use ours as a guest house at our property, chasing the college kids, family reunions, etc. retirement, what's that, w Obama in office I think we will have work forever !

We are having fun checking out the state parks. It's so convenient for all day events when you just need a break and a Dr Pepper, lol. Love the 'quiet hours' at a Rv parks and we snuggle up and watch a movie. Love having our own B & B, vs. staying in a hotel w/ people running in the room above you all night, having a kitchen at your fingertips and not having to repack stuff at hotels. Loving the conveniences of the RV. Any excuse we can to take it out is fun!!!

Bella222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:49 AM   #170
I'm 44, DW is 42. Until retirement, we are weekend warriors in our Class A with the occasional week or two vacation a year. I'll retire in December, 2025 and DW the following October. Then we'll start doing the snowbird thing while fulltiming in the MH.

dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:06 AM   #171
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I retired 5 years ago from a county government and collect a pension at 57. I'm now at 62. I play with cars in my own shop and people pay me to do that so I guess I'm not really retired. Am I?
huffypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #172
I'm 24 and the gf is 26. Up in Washington we mostly boondock and go places where we can ride our dirtbikes. Just got a new rig that we are trying out at grayland state park this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150331_104737.png
Views:	86
Size:	614.5 KB
ID:	90159   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150331_104716.png
Views:	83
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	90160  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150331_104832.png
Views:	89
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	90161  
MitchellPnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:17 PM   #173
45 yo and right now it's long weekends and s two week vacation in the summer. I used to do industrial Safety and preventative maintenance consulting and we live in our 32' TT for 4 years until the economy tanked and business dried up. I now work 40 hrs. A week for the state waiting impatiently for retirement and more traveling.
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #174
Total Newb

I'm 36, wife is 33, and we have a 4-year-old. I'm taking a year off work, while kiddo is still pre-school and free to roam. We'll be "full time" for that time, or that's the theory!
nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:27 PM   #175

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by nebster View Post
I'm 36, wife is 33, and we have a 4-year-old. I'm taking a year off work, while kiddo is still pre-school and free to roam. We'll be "full time" for that time, or that's theory!
It's an excellent theory!
You won't want to go back...
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:30 PM   #176
Total Newb

Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's an excellent theory!
You won't want to go back...
That will be a great conundrum to face if it happens, indeed.
nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 PM   #177
Wife and I are both in our 40's and on our second unit. First one was a 5th wheel and now we have a class A. Self employed and try to take as many trips as possible when work permits. Lots of football, racing last year and a few family trips.

Just got back from the Keys for spring break and a trip to Charlotte for the 4-Wide Nationals. Gonna try and make an east coast run this summer, god willing...
Jack & Tania
2011 Tuscany 4051, 2015 Rubicon Toad
In Gator Country
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #178
Hey All:
I am 39 and GF is 38. We are pretty much weekend warriors, but took a month off last year and planning another month this year. Anxiously waiting for when we can full time. I work for a small computer service company and make my own schedule. 90% can be done from anywhere and the other 10% can be easily taken care of with a quick flight home or skype. GF's job is more the 9-5 type so we got a couple years to go before she's ready (or shall i say able).

Our 94 Tioga needs a little extra love this spring but should be tops before we take the month of September and head south.
Jay & Jazz ~ Along The Way With J&J
1994 Tioga - Massachusetts
Follow Us! > Our Blog - YouTube - Twitter - FaceBook
jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #179
Four of us here... I'm 34 she's 37 and have 2 boys 6 and 3. Have managed to put 10k on the our 05 Escapade since we got it in June of 2013. I also work for a children's hospital in KC. Would like to find a job that I could do from the road but good vacation time so can't complain. Working on my bachelor's in IS so could happen someday. Got back from our spring break trip to New Mexico.. excellent trip.

2005 Jayco 28 ZSLP Chevy Chassis
esmith2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #180
We are 47 and 41 - I am a lawyer and hubby is a photographer. This is our first year as RV owners, although we rented last year and hubby grew up spending summers in a trailer. This year, we will be taking our TT to a NASCAR race and a few long road trips to visit family. We also have a seasonal spot in a CG on a lake near here for weekends between trips since we can't always get away early enough to make travel, set up, and tear down worth the effort.
Lilrhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #181
Oh! This is a fun thread! We are 57/62 still working full time with plan to retire no later than four years, Lord willing sooner. We bought out first Class A last year. A beautifully taken care of '99 Newmar DutchStar 38ft DP. What a great thing it's been for us! So much fun. Work by way of always having something to do with it but it's so much fun! We live in Phoenix. We have been up to Cottonwood multiple times and took a 1 week to Ridgeway State Park last year and two weeks to Napa/Paso Robles. We have a laundry list of things we want in our next RV but we think we got an amazing first one! Another trip was down through NM from Pagosa Springs all the way down thru Las Cruces. Short trips only for a while but it's been really fun getting our feet wet and figuring out all the ins/outs of RV life. We're planning extended trips when we're retired!
Stargazer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #182
Tiffin Owners Club
I am 51 and wife is 42. I'm a Technical Advisor & the wife teaches Industrial Safety. We have two boys travel with us and everyone loves it. Last year was our first year with class A RV. We camped every other weekend on average. Took two week trip from Southern Indiana to Black Hills SD, Yellowstone, and Estes Park and loved it. Going to repeat every other weekend this year and go to a couple concerts, holidays, and ten days at the beach. We decided to try this to be a closer family. Hard to put a price on the value of the family time.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2002 Tiffin Allegro; P32 Workhorse; Chevy 8.1 Vortec
ROAquaman is offline   Reply With Quote