Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #183

I'm 45 and my husband is 47. We have a lot of different campgrounds within an hour of home, and we spend as many weekends as possible exploring them. In 5 years or so we plan to take a year to travel the country and decide where we want to live. Our youngest will be off on his own by then. The kids don't really like to camp with us anymore, but one of our cats loves to go. Our favorite times are when we go with friends who also own RVs. I can't wait to dewinterize, so I can sit in the woods by a campfire with my beer!
wendyly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #184

Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm 27 and been full timing for a year. I have a class c but I've been recently looking into travel trailers. I'm hoping to switch over this year if all goes well. Also working on building an online business so I'm able to travel more freely than working temporary jobs. Although I don't mind the temp. jobs since it gives the opportunity to have this lifestyle.
Ms.Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #185

we started last year at 49/46 and 12/14(teens),
19k miles, across continent twice, 150 parks and
campgrounds/parking lots - love it
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith2039 View Post
Four of us here... I'm 34 she's 37 and have 2 boys 6 and 3. Have managed to put 10k on the our 05 Escapade since we got it in June of 2013. I also work for a children's hospital in KC. Would like to find a job that I could do from the road but good vacation time so can't complain. Working on my bachelor's in IS so could happen someday. Got back from our spring break trip to New Mexico.. excellent trip.

I bet I know which children's hospital you work at! I'm going to have to send you an email at work tomorrow
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #187

My wife and I are 45/44 and we traveled 17 weeks this winter to Arizona. Last year we spent 10 weeks in Florida and the first year we did this we spent 8 weeks in AZ. We own a seasonal business in Wisconsin and really have nothing to do for 5 months or so each winter. We could probably stretch our time away to 5-6 months pretty easily. We got into RVing in order to get out of winter and go mountain biking. We didn't want to buy a place somewhere and then feel trapped. We have fallen in love with Rving and look forward to it being a life long source of excitement. Hopefully our business continues to afford us to live this wonderful lifestyle!
2wiresdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:52 AM   #188

nice - those of us 'younger' RVers should try to
get together somewhere for several days - share
our stories, how we make it work, kids on the road, etc
- we're in the N GA Mountains near NC now...

FullTimers - 49/47, 12/14boys
Insurance business, Teacher
'Bella' Yorkie
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
nice - those of us 'younger' RVers should try to
get together somewhere for several days - share
our stories, how we make it work, kids on the road, etc
- we're in the N GA Mountains near NC now...

FullTimers - 49/47, 12/14boys
Insurance business, Teacher
'Bella' Yorkie
That sounds like a good idea, we should try and put something together! Anyone else interested in doing something like that?
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostable View Post
That sounds like a good idea, we should try and put something together! Anyone else interested in doing something like that?
Great idea, can we meet out here in SoCal because we still have to go to work and vacation is running low.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #191

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and I are 46, she works in the medical field and I am semi retired. We have had our motorhome 8 years and use it mostly for weekend getaways and festival camping until our 2 boys finish college, we then plan to upgrade to a dp and go full time or at least seasonal.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #192

Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostable View Post
I'm interested. That would be fun!
Ms.Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #193

Monaco Owners Club
My Name is Ian. I am 30 as of Cinco De Mayo. My wife is 5 years my elder. We have 3 kids, 14b, 11b 9g. I am an engineer for a telecom company. We are currently remodeling our 93 monaco dynasty and packing to spend a year on the road. Our home is for sale. I am working to take my job on the road with me, but I may have to find "other" employment. We are planning to take a 48 state tour with the kids while home schooling them. We have home schooled before so that's already a "known".

Our plan was to sell out 5 acre hobby farm and buy a 100 acre farm somewhere. But we can not decide where. So thats where the year long trip comes to play. We will see the country and decide where we want to settle down.

What I am doing to the coach http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/1993...4d-243753.html
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote