Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Not young but not old either,still working we are part time weekend Rving people.
Ditto. We never plan to full time, so will always be "vacation only" RVers.

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
I'm 47, wife is 46. We both still work, I have a Monday-Thursday job and she has a gazillion days of vacation so we get in several 3 day trips throughout the year. We mostly use the MH for tailgating during the fall, Mississippi State University and get at least one full week during the summer. We dream and talk often of how we can retire soon but we just can't make the numbers work out yet. Give us 10 more years and we will see!

Roger And Kim Goodwin
bout them DAWGS!!
Roger G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am faculty at a community college. DH is an Internet car salesman. Most of our work is done online and we can do a lot of work during 2 and 3 day trips.
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH, 2015 Ram1/2 ton Hemi
lgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Both just about 40 here. fulltime RVers but not exactly retired. Hubby is a investor/trader and I'm a photographer/writer. We are on our 4th year living in the rig.
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
We're on the cusp of retirement, maybe not what the OP was talking about. I'm 56 and a few months away from eligibility for unreduced early retirement. We're seriously considering getting rid of all our "stuff" and hitting the road full time. We'll see, the income is good right now. It's hard to walk away from that and all of the "stuff".
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
When we were working in North Dakota last year in the Oil Patch we lived in a 23.5' 5th wheel with everyone else in their "Mansions". Our break in the winter was to take a trip on the weekend to Bismark to do laundry and stay in a motel. Once the weather got nice we would pull the Scamp that we brought back from Iowa out to Teddy Roosevelt Natl Park. People I worked with thought that was unusual because they thought I was perpetually camping. One didn't go anywhere, this one does. I preferred to be outside the one that moved then the one that didn't. Lack of amenities like grass. By the way my husbands older then dirt so no need to mention his age. I am 52.

But anyway we were able to return to Iowa where our home is and my husband has a job again. We had the sticky brought home and then sent her off to a good home. The Scamp looked pretty lonely for awhile.
Greg and Cyndi
2010 5th Wheel Scamp
07 Toyota Tundra
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I'm 45, the old girl is 52, and we both still work. Right now, we use ours for the rare vacation or camping trip. But [moderator edit] it looks like we will likely be full timing it before the year is out.
'87 Coachmen Leprachuan 27' on Ford E 350 w/ 460 cid, Hedman Headers, dual flowmaster exhaust
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
Entegra Owners Club
Both my husband and I are in our mid-40's. Upgraded our 5th wheel to a motorhome in September, self-employed, looking to take more time off, a few weeks (1 at at a time) over the summer and every other weekend. All Summer Holiday weekends are spent in a friends field, near the pond, about 10 minutes away from our house, along with 6 or so other families. Always have a great time! Motorhome currently in storage (51" of snow so far this winter). April trip to Nashville, currently booked. This will be our 1st vacation in 21 years without the kids (one daughter in college and 1 in high school whose headed to Germany in April)!
Steve, Tami, Genneva, Felicia & Lexi
2013 Entegra Anthem rbq "feel like a rockstar"
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
I am 55, the DW is 50. We are both still working. I do tax work and my wife, Lori, does bookkeeping and small business accounting. We can both work remotely for periods of time. We are currently in FL and this stay will last a month. Most all of our trips center around golfing and being outdoors.

We just upgraded to a Class A after owning our travel trailer for 2 1/2 years. We plan on a trip out west in August or September for a couple of months. We have also taken trips to Pinehurst, NC, Myrtle Beach, SC and couple state parks in WV. We still consider ourselves rookies at this but are quickly getting lots of experience and knowledge.
2012 Newmar Ventana LE 3862
2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force-1, Blue Ox
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
pburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Both the wife and I are 41 and work in the Industrial Field ( She is an Engineer at a Chemical Plant, I am work for a Refinery). We have a little one who is 7 years old and we try to camp as much as we can but usualy is only 10 times a year and mostly on weekends.

I don't travel for work much and when I do it is very short term so have not used the TT for work.

Hope to have a MH one day, but with our current administration, that dream is starting to fade away.

Really enjoy this site. I am hitting the age of being an old timer so don't count us old timers out

BTW, my facebook page is www.facebook.com/drakethib
Drake, Kathy, & Kaitlyn
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E Gasser
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
Fleetwood Owners Club
OK - I'll give my age - I'm a young 67, not working except for all the things I really want to do - but just a kid at heart. Age is just a number....
Joe and Debbie, Emma the Aussie Cattle Dog who adopted us
2012 Discovery 36J, Blue Ox and Air Force One, 2010 GMC Acadia Toad
USAF (Ret) WDM http://wd0m.com
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #26
Hi everyone,

I'm 48, my better half 46. I'm a welding inspector for a natural gas distribution company and wife is a project manager. We had camped and atv'd from a 28' Toyhauler for the past nine years. We purchased a 38' class A back in July and DW has a renewed excitement for getting out on the road. Made our first road trip back in October, a nice 2000 mile trip through California from the great northwest. Traveling in Motorhome is so much more convenient than travel trailer. Mileage is about the same to truck and trailer also. Monthly trips are in our future.
Teamgreger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
Originally Posted by TxRVMan View Post
41 and my wife is 40, we'll have had our coach for one year this February....we've taken 7 trips this past year; 2 NASCAR races, 1 Indy race, 1 tubing trip on the Guadalupe, 1 Tough Mudder race and 2 long weekends. We were talking last night that we should take her out more, but wih three kids and two very full time jobs, I think 7 trips and over 3500 miles is pretty good! Our '06 Tiffin gasser is the perfect coach for us right now.

Only mod is a $3k stereo and entertainment system we had installed in two of the passenger side bays.

We can't wait to have more time to travel more and upgrade to a nice diesel pusher....I've been looking at the new Entegras, they sure are nice!
Heck yea! I'm planning to take the ole MH down to the Guadalupe, devils backbone, etc. when I get back to Texas. That area is the BEST place to party and see live bands.
Skye, Burleson TX
2012 Jeep Wranger in tow.
TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by TxSkye View Post
Heck yea! I'm planning to take the ole MH down to the Guadalupe, devils backbone, etc. when I get back to Texas. That area is the BEST place to party and see live bands.
We stayed at Lazy L and L on River Rd in New Braunfels...really nice campground with large RV sites with power and water....you can put in there and they'll come pick you up...sand volleyball, devil's playground on the river is a blast...we spent three nights and had a great time...can get expensive if you bring a lot of folks, so read up on entrance fees.

Justen & Kelly
Mico, TX
2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB
TxRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote