Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #29
I'm 28 and DH is 31! We travel for DH job so are in the RV full time! He's a foreman for an industrial painting company. Jobs can last anywhere from 1 month to a couple years and we never really know when we'll be sent to the next place! I LOVE the RV, we recently renovated it and I'm so in love with it now (especially the dishwasher ). We recently moved out of our rental house (had no other choice, 2 year job with no campgrounds open year round) and I will never again complain about the hour it takes to get the camper ready to move!! This is the thread to the renovation photos Renovating pictures!! and attached is a picture of the outside!
Attached Images

steph1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by steph1217 View Post
This is the thread to the renovation photos Renovating pictures!! and attached is a picture of the outside!
Nice renovation

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
Originally Posted by TxRVMan View Post
We stayed at Lazy L and L on River Rd in New Braunfels...really nice campground with large RV sites with power and water....you can put in there and they'll come pick you up...sand volleyball, devil's playground on the river is a blast...we spent three nights and had a great time...can get expensive if you bring a lot of folks, so read up on entrance fees.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I love it down there.
Skye, Burleson TX
2012 Jeep Wranger in tow.
TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #32
I got a late start on the family life and am in mid forties with two young children and 37 yr old wife.

We love getting up to the mountains and riding quads in southern Alberta. Do an annual trip to Saskatchewan with our 97 gasser Bounder to visit relatives and camping out on the old farmstead.

Love our 36 ft unit with a big slide. Give the kids lots of room to run around even when the weathers bad. Try to live in for at least a total of 30 days a year. Always hoping to do more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1751663274.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	553.5 KB
ID:	31934   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1827213238.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	31935  

Name:	image-2771246532.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	31936   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2810483321.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	690.3 KB
ID:	31937  

97 Fleetwood Bounder 36S on F53 chassis 460 with as many quads on the trailer that I can fit or get running!
Quaddinmad40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
Texas Boomers Club
38 Years old, Combat Wounded Veteran Retired. I have a 34 foot Bounder and I am a Day trader 90% of the time when I have internet. I travel full time.
Leon and Anita Kirby / Fur Kids - Onyx and Riley
2012 Super Duty F-450 FX4 Lariat 6.7L/6 Speed Auto/4.3 RR Crew Cab LB Dually
2011 DRV Mobile Suites 36 TKSB3 5th Wheel
lpkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #34
National RV Owners Club
I'm 56, retired from active Army in 96. DW is 47. Professional b2b sales for me, DW going back to school this month to start a new career in the medical field. Since we live very close to Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountains we don't have to go very far for some of the greatest camping area's anywhere. We use our RV for Spring and Summer camping and tailgating in the fall. Wanting to get a trailer eventually to start hauling the Harley behind us on camping trips. Borrowed a friends trailer last year and RV'd to Sturgis for the big annual motorcycle rally. Was a blast. The riding area's around our area and Lake Tahoe have some of the most spectacular views anywhere. Gave up on the ATV toy's after rolling one on top of myself and shattering my hip.
Harley Ultra Classic (Geezer Glide) Rider, Retired US Army Paratrooper, fisherman, shooter. Proud to have served, proud of those that still do, or have done so with pride.
2005 National Dolphin 34'
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #35
What up Txskye

Nice idea for a thread.....I am 37 my wife 30 ( don't tell her father) We both work in the aviation industry (not united or excons) we love our work but leave it there when we come home. We use our Rv primarily for my daughters softball tournaments all over the Houston area but take weekend trips as well. I like the idea that when I go to a weekend tournament I have the option to relax and get out of the heat. An RV makes the difference between a long softball tournament and making it a great family experience. We recently tried La Hacienda near Lake Travis and had a great time. Currently we are counting the days to make the drive to Ft Wilderness to "feed the mouse". If I ever see an RV pulling a white Jeep and the driver has a partial sleeve ill make sure to honk and give the "RV wave".
Plane nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #36
Newmar Owners Club
I am mid 40's, DW is low 40's...we don't use it for work, but get out nearly every weekend in the summer, plus a couple of week long vacations. We usually get 40+ days a season in our rig. 35 or more of these days are boondocking. We had a couple of bumper-pulls in the past, but went to our first moho 5 years ago....now we are on our 3rd (which we intend to keep for a bit) a 32' Baystar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	31983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	31984  

Name:	P1010828_(Medium).JPG
Views:	109
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	31985  
Dave and Kara - Weekend Warriors 2010 Newmar Bay star 3202, Ford chassis, Ford Ranger Toad, Can Am ATV
Central Alberta, Canada
HMXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
Just turned 30, wife is 25 and daughter is 10 months. We bought a 1998 Discovery DP to try it out and spend some time as a family. If we like it we'll upgrade in 4-5 years and if we don't then we are not out much money since all the research I did concluded that a 10+ year coach was the best buy in regards to value lost.
1998 Fleetwood Discovery 36T Diesel Pusher
Zoafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #38
I am 47 and work in the power industry on plant improvement projects. I use my RV instead of renting an apartment or staying in a hotel. I fly home most weekends.

I usually try to stay in resort type places away from the job and not in the work-camps that are close to the project. That gives me a mental break each day as well as getting to enjoy the RV lifestyle a bit.

I have a travel trailer at home that I use to go boondocking or camping in the state parks for fun on some of those weekends instead of cutting the grass.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #39
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm 53 and the DW is 54. I'm an energy management engineer at a large college in the south, the DW is retired, we have always flew and stayed at motels when we traveled until about 2 years ago we bought a Moho and started camping 200-400 mile trips 3-4 days at a time due to my job.

It is a great experience that we have never done to camp I just wish that I had more time to travel in the Moho.

Happy RVing , James
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #40
Wifey and I are both 60ish and will be working for a while. She is a HS science teacher and I am in my second career as year around adjunct faculty at a local CC. That isn't enough for trip money so I also work at a local winery doing tastings, tours, inventory and whatever is asked of me. I utilize the trailer by going out and grading papers in it after school. Hey, it's better than not using it!
'09 Tundra pulling a '12 Arctic Fox 22H
MarkQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
Hey everybody!
Wife and I are self employed fiber optic contractors. We use our MH for work and play. We typically work from May thru November or December travelling from Job to Job then when Christmas is over and we have things wrapped up at the Sticks and Bricks, we try to head south for fun and relaxation and meeting new folks. Leaving in a couple weeks for FL.
Had our fill of motel rooms and paying extra for our Shih tzu.
2013 Entegra 44DLQ Ebony Blaze
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Limited Toad
Shardan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
Hi- we two were out seeing National Parks together, when we decided half the problem with travel was the hotel/motels we paid for. Yikes! there was always something ; the unknown road ahead-would there be a place to lay our heads-it's late and dark and I'm getting confused, whats on the Garmin?....you know the jig.
Then we got married, and took the jobs out on the road, taking a travel trailer. DH is a union pipewelder. 6 months and I needed more headroom!Sold our TT. We went and got our 38ft.5th wheel on our way across upper Idaho, Montana,to North Dakota's T.Roosevelt Nat.Park, down to Mt. Rushmore/Keystone. WE looked around and saw Devil's Tower in Wyoming, so went there and saw that. Then to Crazy Horse monument, Badlands, and on over to Madison, Indiana. There, along the Ohio river, where the trees opened stood on a hill, our 5th wheel; it was big and white like a WHite Buffalo !! Ha ha! The fall weather had bben beautiful! We hitched it up on the back of our 2008 3500 dodge "dually" and went on over to Tri-States area to visit folks. Pretty much came back to Keystone, S.D., we passed the Deveil's tower over to Sheridan where they'd gotten heavy snow; we turned up the music and sang out loud. Dropped into Billings where the wind was literally blowing sideways across the road. Ate pizza, slept in our own bed, nice! Weather got nicer as we got past Butte, and over the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho, arrived at our campsite in Eastern Washington, sleep is sweet!! No snow. nice. Working there 1 year, had many more adventures. gotta have a dishwasher and washer/dryer.
Currently in Las Vegas; DH working at Ivanpah Solar Generating plant.

mymillions is offline   Reply With Quote