Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #43

I'm 49 and my delightful wife is 46. I work for an international law firm and she an international bank. We both work long days and bought our RV for weekend getaways.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #44

I'm 35 and the wife is 42. We live in Granbury, TX. About 25mi Southwest of FTW and about the same distance West of Burleson. Small world huh? I am an independent contractor for an engineering company. My territory covers about 300 sq mi from about Waco to almost Abilene. Wife doesn't work. We both race/ride motorcycles and are gone 7 out of 10 weekends to some track somewhere. We were towing a 7x16 enclosed trailer which doubled as our bunk house behind my 200 Dodge. Now we take the RV. Only had it about two months so no pics yet but we're headed to NOLA in New Orleans this weekend.

SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #45

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wife and I in 40's here. I see a lot in the tech field in this thread....computer geek here too. Work from home for a major software company. Just got the RV last year, but will use to vacation with our 3 kids. Also will use to tow classic cars to car shows like Hershey as I tow a 20' car hauler, but those trips are son and I and only a few a year. Restore classic cars as hobby and 2 of my 5 classics are show car ready.

Only one family vacation and one trip to Hershey in 2012 before put in indoor winter storage, so looking forward to April Our family snowmobiles too, so enjoying that this winter!

If had too, I can work from the RV too which is nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ChazA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #46

Although I've been around RVs my whole life (thanks to my parents), Im in my 20s...no kids...just like having fun. Maxin' and Relaxin'
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #47

30 and 31 here. Both working. I work 2 jobs. Full Time at Carquest and part time as a Financial Adviser at Primerica(hope to soon be full time with Primerica). Wife is a 4th grade teacher. Currently we get out whenever possible!

The camper we use now

The current project
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #48

I'm 53 and DW is 59. Towed a 28' toyhauler for 10 years but got tired of the lousy beds, lack of storage, and creature comforts in general when traveling for more than a weekend at a time. Bought a 99 Beaver Monterey to drag the race car trailer and also use it to scout out good places to retire to.

It used to take me 2 hrs to pack and load the toyhauler and truck after a race weekend. With the new rig I can be on the road in 25 minutes.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #49

DW and I are 38. We have two kids 7 & 4. We've been RVing for 12 years. Started with a 16' TT and 3 upgrades later we now have a 40' MADP. I'm a mechanical engineer and I'm trying to figure a way to work remotely so we can take the kids more. Just weekends and a week here and there for now. Great thread!!
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow you guys are making me jealous. I'm 56 and GF is 51. I fix x-ray machines and she does electronic medical records. I'm retiring in 2016. We bought our 33' Rexhall to take to Burning Man. I got bit by the bug and now we go lots of places in the rig. Wine tasting and Thanksgiving at Pismo Beach. Looking to do some longer haul trips as vacation time allows.
As I remember it after Burning Man one year (we were camping in my Dodge van with a queen size bed in the back) she says to me "We need an RV so I have a place to make my friends a sandwich". Now that we have our RV I'm hooked. I'm wondering what kind of job I get and run around the country in the RV(after I retire), you know, for gas money.

Cary
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Thom and I are both in our 40's. Thom works with robotic vehicles and my doc says no more work for me. So we go where ever his work has him go. Right now on a contract job in CA but shortly we may be in TX or VA or FL or who knows. On company wants him to stay here but he's getting offers from others to go other places. One company even says they will help with what ever we need to get it so that he can use the RV completely as an office.
We've had the RV almost a year but only started living in it full time last April when we took off on a very long trip. We figured if the 3 of us (the cat too) could handle that trip that we would be able to handle living in it for the forseeable future. Some can't handle being in such a small space and we just made sure we were ok with it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
30 and 31 here. Both working. I work 2 jobs.
The current project
that's awesome!
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #53

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkQ View Post
I utilize the trailer by going out and grading papers in it after school. Hey, it's better than not using it!
I do that as well - there is no place as nice in the sticks and bricks to grade. A kitchen and bathroom only a few steps away and a great sound system where I don't have to bother with headphones. I can spread out papers and work, or take a nap
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #54

so SCareyCarey - what condition was the MH in after Burning Man? always wanted to go, just don't want to have to burn the MH after......
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #55

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well of course it came back dusty. Playa dust gets into everything. We know that going in. I think it cleaned up pretty well. It is a 1999, so it doesn't have that new car smell for sure. Carpet protection and sheets thrown over the furniture helps a lot.
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Rick and Steph (58 and 45)here. I have been working out of my MH since May, almost a full timer. Still have a base home in FL. I'm in the import export business for 30 years and got tired of an office. So now with todays technology, I traded my office for my 2001 Monaco Diplomat 39A. It makes working a pleasure. We are heading out west in the doing for a 7 month trip. We have been on the road since Christmas and will be home next week for a week or do before heading down to key west. I wish I did this 10 years ago. Much more relaxing than sitting in an office.