Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #57

Forest River Owners Club
Another union pipefitter here...52, wife 50 and she's retired, other than picking up after me.. Work at a nuclear plant, more overtime than i care to have ( gets in to rv time) but thankful to have a job i enjoy.. 2000 tiffin completely enclosed in its own building when not in use, Headed out west this spring for 4 weeks, can't wait!
outthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
By the way if you're looking to meet-up with other young non-retired RVers there are several groups that cater to them. For example this one is quite active:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...roups/NuRVers/

Plus many young bloggers that I follow:
Technomadia
Watsons Travels
Cheddar Yeti
The Roaming Pint
Live.Work.Dream

Many, many more. We've met quite a few of these folks on the road over the years.
In fact will meet-up with 2 of them at the big gathering in Quartzsite next week.
Nina
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
By the way if you're looking to meet-up with other young non-retired RVers there are several groups that cater to them. For example this one is quite active:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...roups/NuRVers/

Plus many young bloggers that I follow:
Technomadia
Watsons Travels
Cheddar Yeti
The Roaming Pint
Live.Work.Dream

Many, many more. We've met quite a few of these folks on the road over the years.
In fact will meet-up with 2 of them at the big gathering in Quartzsite next week.
Nina
Thanks for the links. Give me reading material for this winter
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #60

DW and I are 36 with 3 kids. Upgraded from tent camping to MH to allow for easier family trips with some nice amenities at night. Try to do one weekend a month and one long trip each year. Waiting for our new ride coming in 1 month!
GuidoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #61

Both are 52 years old and we use the coach for Motocross racing with our boys. Also any weekend excursions such as weddings, reunions, anniversaries, bbq's, etc, Really any excuse I can find to take the coach. My wife say's I would rather drive the Monaco than our daily vehicles,,,

joe
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
What up Txskye

Nice idea for a thread.....I am 37 my wife 30 ( don't tell her father) We both work in the aviation industry (not united or excons) we love our work but leave it there when we come home. We use our Rv primarily for my daughters softball tournaments all over the Houston area but take weekend trips as well. I like the idea that when I go to a weekend tournament I have the option to relax and get out of the heat. An RV makes the difference between a long softball tournament and making it a great family experience. We recently tried La Hacienda near Lake Travis and had a great time. Currently we are counting the days to make the drive to Ft Wilderness to "feed the mouse". If I ever see an RV pulling a white Jeep and the driver has a partial sleeve ill make sure to honk and give the "RV wave".
Later
Sorry for the Off Topic Post

In a day where Airline travel is a total PITA, nothing better then flying Southwest. We swore off other Airlines a while back due to the nickel and dime 'ing their customers to death. I have never been on a SWA flight were there wasn't at least one crewmember cracking jokes over the PA. Please tell the SWA gang thanks for making Airline Travel fun ( at least the part you guys control)!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib

Sorry for the Off Topic Post

In a day where Airline travel is a total PITA, nothing better then flying Southwest. We swore off other Airlines a while back due to the nickel and dime 'ing their customers to death. I have never been on a SWA flight were there wasn't at least one crewmember cracking jokes over the PA. Please tell the SWA gang thanks for making Airline Travel fun ( at least the part you guys control)!
You got it drakethib. I'm glad that you enjoy SWA. You gotta have fun and not take things serious all the time.
Plane nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and I are both 51 and live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. We bought the RV (2013 Itasca Sunstar Sport) BECAUSE I'll be working another 4 years, and we wanted to enjoy several long weekends a year at the many state beaches along the CA and OR coasts. So far, we have really enjoyed camping once a month. Our longest trip was 10 days up the Oregon Coast. When I retire from my job as a business manager for a large Laboratory, we plan to upgrade to a larger diesel Motorhome for longer trips across the USA. Livin' the dream!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #65

I don't know about younger, but not retired yet. I'm another Tech fixit guy, on X-ray equip. all over west/central Texas. When we do an install it can take a few days . We usually find a State park within a 1/2 hr drive from the site. I get to sleep in my own bed,
maybe do a little fishing, beats the hell out of motel living. We try to squeeze a weekend out of it. We've nibbled up the RV food chain from carrying a tent in a blazer, to a Pop up trailer, 2 class A gassers. We've been shopping the idea of a diesel pusher now. Since I'm a fixit guy, we've never bought new and at 300+ K a pop ,I don't think I'm ever going to break that habit. Have fun,enjoy your spin on the big ball.
ARTWERKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #66

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Active Navy here. I have been living in my rig now over a year in New Orleans as I am upside down on my "stick house" and could not move without a huge financial hit. Two more years on this tour then I may just retire. NOLA is horrible on the finish, When I brought the rig down here it looked brand new, now, even with regular washing I am constantly fighting exterior mold/mildew. Can't wait to get her back to Memphis where I will spend days/weeks trying to restore her finish.
Hey Navy, remember me? you helped me figure out my mold issue...

Try the Poli Glow, it works great!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #67

New to RVing here. Wife is 36, I'm 32 - three kiddos.

Upgraded from tent camping to a '95 Prowler TT. Have only had it one weekend, and loving it so far.

I'm in IT for the state and wife homeschools the kids. We'll be getting away to our hideaway about 1/2 the weekends of the year especially considering it's only a 30 minute drive.

From the CL ad we bought it from:
Mikeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #68

I'm a 57 year old principal senior scientist at U.C. Berkeley working to destroy cancer and my wife 63, after retiring as a principal of a public grammer school, is now a director of a first 5 center for children and families. As long as we have been married (33 years) we owned some kind of RV and took long vacations in them with the kids each year. I am looking forward to retiring and going out full time in our 5er. I want to go to habitat for humanity sites and work on houses for the needy while my wife tutors children in our 5er. I figure it's time to give something back to our community that has treated us so well and we have benefited from for so long. Thankfully we both have great pensions and can afford to retire and years ago I built 3 houses in nice neighborhoods that now serve as rental income.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #69

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSkye View Post
Hi All!

No offense to the retired population, but I wanted to start a thread for the younger group of RVers that use theirs for work and or weekend trips.

I'm 31 and live in mine 6-8 months a year traveling with my job. This is my first season living the RV life while working etc. Hopefully will be seeing a couple months off this summer and plan to enjoy short trips to the lake/coast/festivals/parties/etc. in Texas when I am home.

POST UP HERE IF YOU ARE IF YOU ARE NON-RETIRED AND USE YOUR RV FOR FUN AND OR WORK!

Post a pic or you and your RV!
Attached!

What kind of fun stuff are you doing with yours? Camping with the pups, visiting family and friends with the pups. Just getting out of town is enough of a reason for me. Took a couple of trips in 2012 to Colorado and Southern Texas. Other than that, just weekend Rallies and visiting, camping

What kind of work do you do that you need one? I'm the Controller/CFO for a heavy highway bridge contractor. Our home/administrative office is here in Arlington, TX.

Hey TX we are almost neighbors!

From my picture with my '50' sunglasses on, I just turned 50 last June 28!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-30_19-23-28_26.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	32157   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-28_19-11-38_462.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	32158  

Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #70

My husband and I purchased our first RV (43' Newmar) last May. We live in Atlanta, but dealt with a dealer in Minnesota. After picking our beautiful new coach, we set out (with our 3 shelties in tow) to take a long trip out west to meet people and experience what we hoped would be an exciting adventure in our RV. Although we loved our new coach, we were a bit disappointed in many of the RV parks we stayed in, and with many of the other RVers we met on our 3 month trip. We are a young, active couple that enjoys sporting events, entertainment, and doing things. Unfortunately, while most of the people we met were very nice, ALL (with the exception of one couple we met) were older--if not in age, in spirit--, cliquish, and very "set in their ways". Most were on multiple pharmaceuticals and tethered to their doctors at home. Most were "early to bed", and seemed to prefer hibernating in their coach or going to the local restaurant to eat and drink coffee to getting out and doing fun activities. Both my husband and I felt like we were caught in a "generation gap". All of these people seemed to have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Many were having to contemplate selling their coaches due to medical problems. At one of the get-togethers we went to, they were actually discussing having a line item in their club budget to send flowers for "member deaths or deaths of members' spouses"!
We SO much want to find a YOUNGER group of people to travel with but are totally stumped as to how to find these people. We KNOW we can't be the ONLY ones out there that feel this way!! Does ANYBODY have any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coach from Doorway-small.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	32223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exterior Full Drivers Side-close.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	32224  

GeorgiaPeach is offline   Reply With Quote