Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #71
I'm 50, DH is 49. We bought a 33' TT in 2011. We managed a least a weekend a month last year with 2 week long trips and some extended weekends. We fell in love with the idea of full timing very quickly. I plan to retire in 5 years. DH wants to keep working for a while longer, but we are looking at upgrading to a 5er and full timing locally. I would love to find some type of work that can be done from the RV. I'm currently researching the Workamper route, but that will depend on availability in our area. If anyone has any experience with online work, I would love to hear about it. I've looked at it a bit, but I just can't seem build up any trust in these websites. I trust the you guys though

Sherri2015 Ford F-250 Superduty with Powerstroke Diesel.
2016 Jayco Eagle 317 RLOK
sherri330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #72
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Hey TX we are almost neighbors!
Yea Small world! Love Texas!

Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
What up Txskye

Nice idea for a thread.....I am 37 my wife 30 ( don't tell her father) We both work in the aviation industry (not united or excons) we love our work but leave it there when we come home. We use our Rv primarily for my daughters softball tournaments all over the Houston area but take weekend trips as well. I like the idea that when I go to a weekend tournament I have the option to relax and get out of the heat. An RV makes the difference between a long softball tournament and making it a great family experience. We recently tried La Hacienda near Lake Travis and had a great time. Currently we are counting the days to make the drive to Ft Wilderness to "feed the mouse". If I ever see an RV pulling a white Jeep and the driver has a partial sleeve ill make sure to honk and give the "RV wave".
Hopefully I'll be back in Texas someday and I'll wave back. Take care!

Originally Posted by SNAPPY View Post
I'm 35 and the wife is 42. We live in Granbury, TX. About 25mi Southwest of FTW and about the same distance West of Burleson. Small world huh? I am an independent contractor for an engineering company. My territory covers about 300 sq mi from about Waco to almost Abilene. Wife doesn't work. We both race/ride motorcycles and are gone 7 out of 10 weekends to some track somewhere. We were towing a 7x16 enclosed trailer which doubled as our bunk house behind my 200 Dodge. Now we take the RV. Only had it about two months so no pics yet but we're headed to NOLA in New Orleans this weekend.
Granbury is just right up the road! I grew up in Hico, bet you know where that is.

Originally Posted by sCarycary View Post
Wow you guys are making me jealous. I'm 56 and GF is 51. I fix x-ray machines and she does electronic medical records. I'm retiring in 2016. We bought our 33' Rexhall to take to Burning Man. I got bit by the bug and now we go lots of places in the rig. Wine tasting and Thanksgiving at Pismo Beach. Looking to do some longer haul trips as vacation time allows.
As I remember it after Burning Man one year (we were camping in my Dodge van with a queen size bed in the back) she says to me "We need an RV so I have a place to make my friends a sandwich". Now that we have our RV I'm hooked. I'm wondering what kind of job I get and run around the country in the RV(after I retire), you know, for gas money.

If you are serious about a traveling job send me a PM and I'll fill you in on what we do a little more. I may work out for ya.

Originally Posted by outthere View Post
Another union pipefitter here...52, wife 50 and she's retired, other than picking up after me.. Work at a nuclear plant, more overtime than i care to have ( gets in to rv time) but thankful to have a job i enjoy.. 2000 tiffin completely enclosed in its own building when not in use, Headed out west this spring for 4 weeks, can't wait!
Hey, which plants do you frequent? I'm at Turkey Point right now but have been to most of them.

Skye, Burleson TX
2012 Jeep Wranger in tow.
TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #73
Newmar Owners Club
Wife 49 I'm 50 we use our motorhome to watch our son play college basketball. Midway thru the season we have put right at 6000 miles on our Dutch Star. Still work own and operate a manufacturing business when not at ball games. Hope to make a few couple week long trips this summer.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #74
Monaco Owners Club
We SO much want to find a YOUNGER group of people to travel with but are totally stumped as to how to find these people. We KNOW we can't be the ONLY ones out there that feel this way!! Does ANYBODY have any suggestions?
Most of the ones we've met in the parks are in an older frame of mind too. We just look up different bars, clubs, places to visit and don't depend on anyone else to provide our entertainment. Now why bars and clubs? Well we like to dance and Thom sings karaoke quite well so we go out sometimes every Friday and Saturday. Also when we go to bars for the karaoke we also take along a bag full of dice and card games to play while we are in there. We go visit museum's and we also geocache.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #75
Monaco Owners Club
I-AMA youthful 64 and DW is, younger, and better looking. We bought our 26 ft TT about a year ago planning on vacations. Looking like I'll be joining the FT club this year. I am a Safety Manager for a construction and engineering company. It looks like I'll get to haul the TT to Los Angeles for a five year project. Will fly home every couple of months and Mrs will fly out to keep me company every once in a while.
John Price
2016 Denali 289RK w/a Hensley Arrow Hitch
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummings
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #76
Well, this is a fun pertinent thread and actually my first post to this forum after years of perusing.

We finally jumped into the RV fun a few months ago after years of dreaming (well, I was dreaming!). My wife and I (late 40's) have been self-employed for 25 years and our companies and employees are all virtual throughout the country giving us the opportunity to travel via RV (mobile office) and keep on working. Although it has taken a while to convince my DW what a great opportunity we have been missing out on, I finally was able to do so last November!

We have only been out twice to local AZ parks, but we are looking very much forward to testing the Verizon HotSpot signals throughout this country in the future. A month long trip up the west coast is in the planning stages. Although my wife thinks the perfect RV weekend is parked at the mall, I am looking forward to some quality boondocking. We are still trying to work on some sort of compromise. I think a quiet boondocking spot that is a short toad drive to shopping would be the perfect scenario. Although not sure if that actually exists!

PS - a quick shout out to Nina. Your blog has provided me with much inspiration and I can only hope we will be able to experience this lifestyle in the way you and Paul are doing so!

Tony F.
finnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #77
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tony, great to hear that you and your wife are joining in on the fun! What is the link to Nina's blog...it sounds interesting!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #78
Love this thread. I'm 40 and DH is almost 42. We live in Las Vegas, Nv. We travel in our 5th wheel every chance we get when not working.

I must just add that we look forward to all post by "wheelingit" because they are living the dream for us.
Vegasjjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #79
we are in our late 40s. i am a contractor and the wife works for the local newspaper. she is a former professional musician. i have played guitar for 30 years. we spend the summer travelling to music festivals where the wife plays. we started with a tt but have upgraded to a 2000 adventure 37g. looking forward to snowbirding sometime in the future. winters in canada seem to get colder as i get older. dont know how to attach a picture.
winniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #80
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Tony, great to hear that you and your wife are joining in on the fun! What is the link to Nina's blog...it sounds interesting!
Wheeling It | Living the Fulltime RV Dream with 12 Paws, 40 Feet and the Open Road
finnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #81

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
My husband and I purchased our first RV (43' Newmar) last May. We live in Atlanta, but dealt with a dealer in Minnesota. After picking our beautiful new coach, we set out (with our 3 shelties in tow) to take a long trip out west to meet people and experience what we hoped would be an exciting adventure in our RV. Although we loved our new coach, we were a bit disappointed in many of the RV parks we stayed in, and with many of the other RVers we met on our 3 month trip. We are a young, active couple that enjoys sporting events, entertainment, and doing things. Unfortunately, while most of the people we met were very nice, ALL (with the exception of one couple we met) were older--if not in age, in spirit--, cliquish, and very "set in their ways". Most were on multiple pharmaceuticals and tethered to their doctors at home. Most were "early to bed", and seemed to prefer hibernating in their coach or going to the local restaurant to eat and drink coffee to getting out and doing fun activities. Both my husband and I felt like we were caught in a "generation gap". All of these people seemed to have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Many were having to contemplate selling their coaches due to medical problems. At one of the get-togethers we went to, they were actually discussing having a line item in their club budget to send flowers for "member deaths or deaths of members' spouses"!
We SO much want to find a YOUNGER group of people to travel with but are totally stumped as to how to find these people. We KNOW we can't be the ONLY ones out there that feel this way!! Does ANYBODY have any suggestions?

Just keep traveling. We've met all types all over the country.

To add: I'm 38 and the wife is 36.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6613.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	32520
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #82
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
A week ago I crossed the 65 line and next week I retire. So, still young and not retired.
I have to wait till next week for my B2 visa application (as retired - can't lie yet).
Then mid May I fly to Anchorage (AK) and pick-up my camper (Tioga 24D) and start a 5 month travel to/trough the lower 48. Will revisit places I did with my late wife and see friends along the way.

I used my TT (Caravan) here to visit customers during large scale computer installations
so I did not have to drive 200Km a day forth and back. I hate hotels to stay in....
Have been in the computer business for 46 years..

Hope to see / meet some of you "over there".

Europe: Hobby 495 TT (caravan 1994) and Chevy Tahoe 5.3 (2004)
USA: Fleedwood Tioga 24D (2005)
I am at http://aprs.fi/?call=pa0gri-10&mt=ro...imerange=86400
pa0gri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #83
Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm 42 and my wife celebrated her 27th birthday 13 years ago...
We have 2 kids, 14 & 11 years old.

I'm a manufacturing engineer working for a LED lighting company and my busy & talented wife works from home making curtains & drapes for local fabric shops and interior decorators.

We are avid tent campers but last year we took on a major renovation project to refurbish a 1980 C class coachmen camper. Pretty rare over here in Ireland. I love the look of old and rare campers. Not a big fan of the modern european soul-less touring "boxes"...

Cant WAIT to get the job finished and start enjoying the lifestyle... Looking forward to not having to fold up our tent and pack away all our gear every time we want to move...

Our 'family tent' set up...

Blag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #84
Monaco Owners Club
I 'm 43 and the DW is 44. We both work full time jobs and use our MH for weekend trips and a couple week long vacations during the year. We can't wait until we can retire and become full time Rvers.

Darrell & Valerie
2012 Monaco Knight 40PDQ & 2014 Fiat 500L
Dfullmer415 is offline   Reply With Quote