Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jodi, just start the thread and see what happens...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #100

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc
I have just looked through all 7 pages of this thread and did not see where even one of the powers that be have responded to this thread. Last week a member wanted to start a new thread for people with disabilities. It was shot down so faster that it might as well had not been suggested. So, don't get your hopes up about anything happening with this request either.

Jerry
Hey Jerry - how goes.

As for the handicapped forum - we did not get a forum but we did get a "group" that will corral "related threads" in one place. It doesn't work with the iPhone app but otherwise it seems to be working ok. Not as good as a forum by a long shot but a start. There were lots of reasons given for not adding a forum but it seems to me the main reason is level of effort. It must not be that easy to do in addition to whatever other reasons given.

All
I have been putting off posting here as we are about a year +/- from retiring and going full time. I'm running out of numbers in the 50's and Annie is a couple numbers less.

Jerry - sorry we missed this weekend. Annie is doing better and I'm too stubborn to let a cold slow me down. We'll see ya time.
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #101

hey there, I diddnt relize this was a thread and posted my own. someone directed me here, so i thought i would give a shout out..Im Lazy, 31 wife is 40. will be fulltiming coming this fall in our 73 winnebago brave. I do photography and anything else to earn a buck. and the wife does healthcare and working with disabled kids/adults..hopefully we have some kinda savings when we leave..nothing right now so hope to read all your storys and hope to meet on the road one day.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #102

Well, MrJim is 48 and my lovely bride is 42. We have two kids(13 &11) and have two miniature Dachshunds. I retired 11 years ago and am raising the kids(I tinker every now and then with part time work), bride is Active Duty Air Force. We tented it before kids, then kids came and a PCS to Alaska we bought our first travel trailer. We are now awaiting delivery of our first coach, an ACE 30.1. We would rather drive than fly....The RV has always made a great home between moves(we pcs every 2 years). I want the wife to retire NOW, but she wants to go another 7 if she can hold out that long. Happy Travels!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #103

Im 45 wife 41 both been married before she has 5 kids and I have 3. But most are in college or moved out so only have 3 left at home. Im a mech engineer she a RN. We typically just use it for camping trips. Wish we could use it for work. She could be a travel nurse but my job keeps me close to Detroit and the auto companies.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #104
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So glad to have the RV!

Just finished a 3000 mile (round trip) trip to help family with all the details of a death in the family...

It was unexpected/short notice, so we had no cheap air reservations, no affordable lodging at the destination, nor any kennel reservations.

So with 1 day notice, we were on the road. It was wonderful having all our own stuff, the doggies were happy to come along, and family was very glad to have the help.

This would not have been possible without our RV
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #105

I'm not retired. I'm not old, either, at 62, although I'm certainly older than I was in 1995 when I first moved into a motorhome. I'm a solo, longtime traveling reset merchandiser, currently taking a break and camphosting.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #106

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm 54 and my wife is somewhere near that I own a metal fabrication business and my wife is a professional collector.

We started RV'ing because we had exhausted every good motorcycle road on the east and wanted to get out to ride the west. We're the type that will do 3,000 miles in a week. In 04 we racked up 20k miles together. I don't ride a Harley, I'm too young to putt around, I need speed.

We started out in a Class C toy hauler, moved up to an Outlaw and now have a Challenger and a trailer for the bike. We love to ride but since we've been doing the RV thing we've become pretty fond of the life style. I prefer cooking on camp fire to a gas grill.

We're in Jersey now but have already bought our retirement home in Tennessee overlooking the Smokey mountain national park. Eventually we'll head out of town and won't look back but that's a little ways off at the moment.

We try to take two vacations about a week long and almost every other weekend traveling to local hangouts just to wake up some place different. We travel about 10k miles a season in the RV and always do a day ride on the bike no matter where we end up.

Good to meet you all!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by adehaan86 View Post
I think we should post our age too?

Im 26 married and three kids. I am on my third rv truck camper travel trailer and now fifth wheel.

We try to go as much as checkbooks allow.
Wow. Incredible!
I like reading through this thread. Good idea!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #108

I am 37, wife is 35, son 3. We are on our 2nd motorhome and play "full timers" for 2 months every year. We travel across the country visit relatives and just have as much fun as possible. We have two giant mals which make it interesting. I've been RVing since I was a little kid, some great memories, and enjoy sharing the lifestyle with my son now.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #109

I'm 31 DW is 30 and definatly a hell of a long way away from retiring, I work in Sales for UniFirst ( and other green bleeders?) and my wife works in sr health care, we started off in a Coleman pop up when we were 17 which we quickly got tired of the set up to a 22 ft TT tHen to a 8 ft truck camper , progressing to a 10 ft. Back to a trailer since the 2 kids are taking up way too much space and to our current 26 ft class c ( DW made me buy a boat and were not allowed to b-train in BC)
We go for 2 weeks in the summer and try to get out Atleast 6 weekends a year, between cheerleading competitions and dance recitals for our girls our season is pretty much filled
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #110

I'm 40 and my Mrs. Is 39, 7 year old twins. The twins and I love camping the wife is impartial. We have a 2008 Coachman Freelander29QB. I am a utility worker and I camp in the parking lot at work when I am working a lot of shifts. We to on a few family trips and a few guys trips throughout the year.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjim View Post
Well, MrJim is 48 and my lovely bride is 42. We have two kids(13 &11) and have two miniature Dachshunds. I retired 11 years ago and am raising the kids(I tinker every now and then with part time work), bride is Active Duty Air Force. We tented it before kids, then kids came and a PCS to Alaska we bought our first travel trailer. We are now awaiting delivery of our first coach, an ACE 30.1. We would rather drive than fly....The RV has always made a great home between moves(we pcs every 2 years). I want the wife to retire NOW, but she wants to go another 7 if she can hold out that long. Happy Travels!
Congrats on your new coach! happy trails
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #112

We are 56 and 50 (but don’t tell her I let you all know). We purchased our first MH 6 years ago to bring my mother home to Princeton, WV from our home in Chazy, NY (as far north and east as you can get in NY). My Mom is a colon cancer survivor, but due to the illness, bathroom needs are very unpredictable. She came from a large family, 7 brothers and a sister and was afraid she would never see them again because of not being able to travel normally. We purchased a 2nd hand MH and told my Mom that we were taking her home that summer. We told her the MH had a 60mph toilet and she would be fine traveling in it. The MH worked wonderfully. Seeing her face light up after not seeing her brothers for over 10 years we decided to bring her home every year as long as she could travel. This will be year six. In the meantime my wife and I found out we really enjoyed the MH camp experience. We are both still work and will be for many more years. We enjoy extended weekend camping and maybe a week here or there throughout the summer and fall. Our big trips this year are Gettysburg in August and on our annual WV trip, we will drop Mom off at her brother’s and go to Disney World for a week.

rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote