Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #1

Tiffin customer service

What has been your experience when you call Tiffin service? Mine has not been good at all. Was on hold for 1:20 minutes with the message that I am number 1 on the wait list. Phone then hung up on me. I called again was told everyone was out to lunch. Seriously!! Was put on hold again and never got anyone on the phone. I left my number for someone to call me, two hours and nothing yet. I'm so mad I think I'll go back into this forum and re-read "Tiffin vs Newmar". I presently own a 2018 Phaeton and I don't know for how much longer.
Mcapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #2

I bet if you ask your question on here you'll get an answer in less than 30 minutes.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nothing but the highest praise for both parts department and service department.
Most calls came early in our ownership as newbee questions were answered. Later as things settled in and travel was in jeopardy they returned calls with solutions promptly.
On two occasions Bob himself called to see if we were happy with his staff and were back on the road.
Our initial punch list, 15 years ago, included several items mishandled by the dealer and a cracked windshield where all repaired within two days while at Red Bay.

I'll be glad to take your Phaeton off your hands "as is".
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've not had any issues with Tiffin Service. We've owned our coach only since April, but the half dozen or so times I've been in contact with them since, I've had good service.

I usually prefer to send emails, so I have a record of the conversation, but I've also called. The longest I was on hold with a call was probably 10min or so, but I did get through to someone & my questions were answered on the spot. Emails have been answered within a day or 2. My most recent experience was just last week. I sent an email, after hours, on the 27th & I got a response on the 2nd - it was a holiday weekend, so the longer response time was expected.

Long story short, I've been happy with my experiences with Tiffin Service.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
i have called six times in the past two months and have waited 10 minutes to no wait at all.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
WE found them great. WE called about 4 different times and 3 times talked to someone within minutes. On the 4th call they told us all techs were busy and they would call back shortly... well they called in 10 minutes. You can't beat that. AND they walked through a fix each time.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:42 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
My experience over the last five years has been excellent.

Nick
Old 12-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #8

very mixed experience with Tiffin service

My problem with delamination of the inner entry door panel was grossly mishandled on the service side of Tiffin. Lack of response after notification of the issue and followthru was not in line with standard business practice. I even placed a call to Bob and send him email to no avail. In the end a person in the parts department took care of me since they were never informed by the service department to send me a replacement panel. My emails were often ignored with the excuse they never received them or the particular person was not able to access the mail server. I will not much longer have a need for Tiffin service.
Joachim47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:57 AM   #9

I have timed my calls so that I call at non-peak call times. The most I have waited was just a few minutes.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #10

Have had two different Tiffin’s since 2004 so I have had to call many times over the years and really can’t remember waiting terribly long to speak with someone.
Milamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 AM   #11

Tiffin customer service

Tiffin Service never got back to me and all I had was a pretty simple question with a yes or no answer. We will be heading down to Florida right after Christmas for some repairs at Lazy Days. One of the problems I am having is that I cannot work the blue ray DVD player. I am almost certain that I had a remote that said Theater on it which I cannot find. At present I can hear the CD on surround sound very loudly but no picture and am unable to change that problem with the remotes that I do have. The question----does my 2018 40QBH Phaeton have a remote for the CD player? If it does I need to order one. Just as a heads up, don't call Tiffin service during lunch hour since I was told that EVERYONE in the service dept. goes to lunch at the same time yet the phone will tell you that you are first in line and someone will be with you shortly. Oh and after an hour and a half the phone just hangs up on you.
Mcapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcapple View Post
Tiffin Service never got back to me and all I had was a pretty simple question with a yes or no answer. We will be heading down to Florida right after Christmas for some repairs at Lazy Days. One of the problems I am having is that I cannot work the blue ray DVD player. I am almost certain that I had a remote that said Theater on it which I cannot find. At present I can hear the CD on surround sound very loudly but no picture and am unable to change that problem with the remotes that I do have. The question----does my 2018 40QBH Phaeton have a remote for the CD player? If it does I need to order one. Just as a heads up, don't call Tiffin service during lunch hour since I was told that EVERYONE in the service dept. goes to lunch at the same time yet the phone will tell you that you are first in line and someone will be with you shortly. Oh and after an hour and a half the phone just hangs up on you.

When they are done with your coach at Lazy Days, be sure to review the work carefully. We just spent some time there and the problem we had was worse after. Not to mention they really scuffed up the paint on the side of the coach they were working on.
I'll not take my coach there again in the future.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #13

My 2017 does have a seperate remote. It looks similar to the tv remote but has some extra buttons to control the player. If you can hear the sound from the DVD player but no video on the screen check to make sure your input on the tv is set to blue ray. If that doesn’t fix the problem make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the back of the DVD player.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:19 AM   #14

Also having been to the factory for service I can confirm that everyone does break for lunch at the same time.

Tags
service, tiffin