Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Question Tiffin's glazed cordovan cabinet color!

Dear fellow RV'ers. I have noticed that Tiffin is not making many GLAZED CORDOVAN cabinets in the 2012 units. I believe glazed cordovan is an option in the Zephyr, Allegro Bus and maybe Phaeton models?

This is by far my favorite color due to the contemporary feel of the coach which is not normal in the RV world. It seems RV'ers prefer the lighter color woods which seem more "Country" in nature.

I would appreciate hearing from other Tiffin owner's that have coaches with this color, those that came across units with this color cabinet but chose to bypass it, and those owners of OTHER BRANDS of coaches which have contemporary modern cabinets and if they find that contemporary looking coaches are hard to come by?

Regards,
Ana

theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
paz

As far as I can tell from the Tiffin web site, Glazed Cordovan is only available on the Bus and Zephyr.

We have an Allegro Bay, and, although Glazed Cordovan wasn't available on the Bay, they did have a dark, walnut-stained interior when we ordered our coach. I can tell you the reason we chose a lighter color for the cabinets is we feel it makes the coach look a little more spacious inside. To me, dark cabinets seem to close in on the space.

My theory about few coaches coming with contemporary cabinets is most motorhome buyers are older and therefore prefer more traditional styling. DW and I definitely fall into that category. Coaches with contemporary styling are available, but they definitely seem to be in the minority.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #3

We do not see the beautiful in the modern look

Many prevost have them, maybe to look like an airplane, we like the real wood and good talent that is obvious in many coaches.

Ours is solid red oak wood with plywood in the large places

Some of those things are just
, never mind, our taste is different and that is fine
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post

We have an Allegro Bay, and, although Glazed Cordovan wasn't available on the Bay, they did have a dark, walnut-stained interior when we ordered our coach. I can tell you the reason we chose a lighter color for the cabinets is we feel it makes the coach look a little more spacious inside. To me, dark cabinets seem to close in on the space.
This is understandable. Our coach although having such dark cabinets seems light and spacious because all the leather is light in color, like a putty almost and the tile floor is very light porcelain like a creamy ivory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
My theory about few coaches coming with contemporary cabinets is most motorhome buyers are older and therefore prefer more traditional styling. DW and I definitely fall into that category. Coaches with contemporary styling are available, but they definitely seem to be in the minority.
I understand that my family definately throws off the demographics and that tastes are very different as well; however, I am wondering if there are others in their 40's and 50's that prefer a more modern decorated coach that doesn't break the bank like a Newell or Prevost does.

I have done my research and I have to agree with you that contemporary styling is definitely a minority which is why I wanted to post and get feedback from others as to their encounters with modern contemporary coaches even if they were passed up because it was not their style. I am just wondering are there any out there under half a million dollars?

Regards.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Dark wood and old eyes, you have to turn on too many lights to see inside.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCOMVEE View Post
...I have done my research and I have to agree with you that contemporary styling is definitely a minority which is why I wanted to post and get feedback from others as to their encounters with modern contemporary coaches even if they were passed up because it was not their style. I am just wondering are there any out there under half a million dollars?

Regards.
One place I do see contemporary styling is in smaller motorhomes. The Winnebago Via and Winnebago View come to mind. Both are Class C on the Sprinter chassis. Small Class A motorhomes I have seen with contemporary styling include the Serrano and Avanti by Thor. However, these are all smaller motorhomes, and since you own an Allegro Bus (a VERY nice coach BTW), these smaller motorhomes are probably of no interest to you. Maybe someone else will chime in with something somewhere in between a Class C and a Prevost bus conversion.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz
One place I do see contemporary styling is in smaller motorhomes. The Winnebago Via and Winnebago View come to mind. Both are Class C on the Sprinter chassis. Small Class A motorhomes I have seen with contemporary styling include the Serrano and Avanti by Thor. However, these are all smaller motorhomes, and since you own an Allegro Bus (a VERY nice coach BTW), these smaller motorhomes are probably of no interest to you. Maybe someone else will chime in with something somewhere in between a Class C and a Prevost bus conversion.
Thank you PAZ. I will check these out as I love to always learn and educate myself as much as I can.

Also, thank you for the compliment. We LOVE our coach! She's a beauty in our eyes!

Regards.