Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Don't forget to change the turn signal hydraulic fluid too.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use CO2 to top off my tires, really.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Laughter is good. Thanks folks.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #18

We've gone to a full synthetic for extended life. People still argue that it needs to be changed twice a year because even synthetics get the build up of contaminants. But I've run the same air in my pickup since I had the tires mounted in 2013, and it's still doing great.

I plan to do the same with the RV. It holds a lot more air than the pickup, so it'll be expensive, but I'd hate to have a problem on the road from using a conventional air.

I've also found that the balancing beads move more freely in the synthetic air and work much more efficiently.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've started using that the new alternative air and found its really great. It defies all of the normal physical laws of gas. Once you get it going it just keeps going in circles almost elliminating the need for the engine and fuel.

A great weight reduction technique is to run the white (free space) wipe program on your computer to replace the 1s with 0s. They are are smaller and weigh less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
I've started using that the new alternative air and found its really great. It defies all of the normal physical laws of gas. Once you get it going it just keeps going in circles almost elliminating the need for the engine and fuel.

A great weight reduction technique is to run the white (free space) wipe program on your computer to replace the 1s with 0s. They are are smaller and weigh less.
True story. I used to be a computer tech support guy, and I once picked up two identical hard drives, held one in each hand as if judging the weight, and told the lady I was working with that one was almost full and I could feel it was heavier. I handed them to her, she did the same, and agreed with me saying she didn't realize there'd be that much difference

Speaking of weight, has anyone tried helium in their tires?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
That is something I've thought about for some time. It appears you've beat me to it, that is, turning each wheel into a perpetual gyro. Cool.

Oh, for you folks with gassers....don't forget to check the tensioner on your muffler belt, adjust as needed.
Also, everyone should check the high compression bumper bolts on your toad.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
If you can't change out your air would rotating help?
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
If you can't change out your air would rotating help?

Yes. Jack it up and rotate them. If you put different colored tape on them at right angles, then rotate them real fast, you can get dizzy.

A couple beers help.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin View Post
Yes. Jack it up and rotate them. If you put different colored tape on them at right angles, then rotate them real fast, you can get dizzy.

A couple beers help.
You are ultimately going for this effect, yes?

Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
You are ultimately going for this effect, yes?

Wow man! Yeah! Two beers and good to go!
Old 04-05-2017, 06:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
That is something I've thought about for some time. It appears you've beat me to it, that is, turning each wheel into a perpetual gyro. Cool.

Oh, for you folks with gassers....don't forget to check the tensioner on your muffler belt, adjust as needed.
Also, everyone should check the high compression bumper bolts on your toad.

Regards,
W.D.
I guess Winnebago does things differently. No belts on the mufflers so i don't have to worry about tension. But as it turns out, there are bearings. My manual says to lubricate monthly and have them changed out once a year. Been under the rig several times and still haven't been able to locate any zerk fittings..

Glad we don't toad anymore. I've heard horror stories about those high compression bolts.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:39 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I guess Winnebago does things differently. No belts on the mufflers so i don't have to worry about tension. But as it turns out, there are bearings. My manual says to lubricate monthly and have them changed out once a year. Been under the rig several times and still haven't been able to locate any zerk fittings..
Maybe you have the sealed type? If you need new ones here is the lowest price I have found for them: Muffler Bearing - $33.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
Maybe you have the sealed type? If you need new ones here is the lowest price I have found for them: Muffler Bearing - $33.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.
WOW,, Thanks! That website has it all. Just ordered the hollow spark plug wires. I figure they'll help reduce overall coach weight since there's no metal in them. The salad shooting spinning rims look good too but i couldn't find any in 19.5" size.