Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #127
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I tell the pet to go back to what they were doing. Most likely that was licking themselves. In the case of the dog it was probably eating some free range cat poop.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please People

USE PROTECTION !!!! For crying out load you never know who might be watching you set up or teardown.
Attached Images

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 AM   #129

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post

Oh no.....another grey water ground contaminator!!
I get it your kidding but do some people really think that washing your hands outside is grey water contamination? Now I've heard it all!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
For the "non glove wearers" Do you pick up dog poop with your bare hands? According to your posts I don't see why not because all you have to do is wash your hands afterward! I suspect no...thus why some people try to take precautions when handling non-sanitary objects. I agree some responses were overkill however you can't knock someone for trying.
I'll pick it up with my bare hands if it's dry.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Depends.

When arriving at cg, I always connect the potable water hose first, then the sewer stuff. When breaking camp, the potable water hose is the first thing to get packed away. Potable water hose always gets stored well away from sewer stuff and gets treated with the ultimate of respect.

I don't even use a potable water hose. I just use a regular old garden hose. Haven't any of you ever drank out of the hose in your backyard? But, I rarely ever camp at campgrounds with water and when I do because I'm just a weekend camper I usually just use the fresh water tank anyway. It's easer then digging out and hooking up the hose.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #132

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think "Myredracer" summed it up perfectly in post #123. The germs are out there, EVERYWHERE, just use some common sense.

I'm done and I've got to wash my hands after typing on this dirty keyboard.

TeJay
Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #133

I use gloves AND wash my hands afterwards. I've done it without and I lived to type about it. If you do or don't, that's fine with me. Just wash your hands, PLEASE!
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #134

FWIW
Quote:
Good Germs, Bad Germs

Published April 12, 2011 | By Laura
I ran across a statement in a study recently that discussed the ways in which farm kids were healthier than city kids. Lower infection rates, and lower allergy/sensitivity rates. I hope nobody takes offense at the labeling of “farm kids” and “city kids”. I offer no definitions, so you are free to fit in whichever category you like!
Well, there’s usually two big differences between farm and city kids.
1. They more often eat food produced at home. That is, food that is NOT sterilized to death, and coated in preservatives, detergents, and artificial colors and flavors, with the good stuff stripped out and a handful of enrichments thrown in.
2. They are usually exposed to WAY more natural germs, allergens, and things like saliva, manure, blood, raw milk, etc.
So how can it be, if they are AROUND more stuff, and that stuff is (according to the USDA), not as clean, how can they be healthier?
For one, the absence of even a portion of the chemicals that load your food is a health boon to anyone. That alone will strengthen your immune system and reduce your allergies. Commercial organic foods are still laden with a host of contaminants, but they are usually a fair bit better than non-organics, so this may be a way for you to test and see if this makes a difference for you.
But beyond that, it is that very EXPOSURE to germs that MAKES farm kids healthy.
Not all germs are bad. In fact, about half the germs out there are actually GOOD for you. Another 40% or so are neutral – they don’t hurt you or help you. The other 10% are the ones that give germs a bad rap.
The good news about those bad ones is, that most of the time, even THEY are harmless - because you are usually not exposed to a lot, and you normally have enough good bacteria to reduce the effect before your immune system even has to handle it, and what is left is easily dispatched.
So from that paragraph, maybe you start to understand that even bad germs really aren’t that much of a threat most of the time. And there are more factors than just your immune system at work. And one of those factors is….
Ta-da…
Germs!
That’s right. Good germs.
Normally, the world has a pretty good complement of good and bad germs. And the good germs do a lot to keep the bad germs in check.
complete article : http://frumpyhausfrau.com/farm/good-germs-bad-germs/
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #135
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks OKGC, that just about sums it up.

No gloves for me! I don't want to get rid of the good germs.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Pee off your back porch in the same place for a while in the summer.......this would be just like the "no flush-no water" method.......right.........
Oh come on now, I'm a male and the World is my urinal.

I worked on a ranch for a few years where we had feed lots with no grass, just mud, manure, and feed bunks. The cattle didn't fully digest all the corn we fed them and lots of it lay in the mud, so we ran pigs with the cattle that ate the corn off the mud. In other words they recycled it.
The old rancher used to walk barefoot in the oozy manure. Said it felt like money to him.

Ate many a candy bar standing in all that poop.

Gloves, Nah, not unless its cold. I do wash my hands after however.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #137
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Supposed to wash hands before so you don't spread any germs.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #138

I's obvious that we have reached an impasse. No amount of scientific information or common sence is going to convince either side to change their practices.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #139

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I grew up on a dairy, dad was a milker drank raw unpasteurized milk till I was 19. We played in the pasture's, and corrals, swam in the water troughs. Never got sick from any of it. If you have never had fresh milk right after the cooler, that's to bad it's not like anything you get from the store. Now the dairy owners can't drink their own milk because the health department says it not good for you, you might get sick, at least in CA. Never knew or heard of any dairy man that got sick from his own milk. I will still wear gloves when handling sewer hose.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #140

No gloves, just wash well when finished.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote