Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is one filthy thread!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #100

Ford Super Duty Owner
I didn't read every post on this dirty thread but several questions still keep coming up in my mind. What is the life expectancy of a bad germ when it is exposed to air???? Will Lysol really kill the the germs??? What about the ones that don't get sprayed??? How long will it take for them to multiply to significant numbers??? I don't believe we can really answer these questions to any degree of certainty.

After several years of everybody going ballistic with the hand sanitizer they are finding out that hand sanitizing is actually not very beneficial and it has actually created some germ resistance. So now what do we do about the SUPER GERMS ???

We all should use common sense when dealing with these waste products but lets be reasonable.

This has been an interesting and funny thread.

TeJay
Old 01-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Yes, I read the part about the left hand.
In the middle eastern and other areas, the right hand was used to eat from
the communal pot. As another person said the left was for bodily functions.

You have read about people having their hands chopped off as punishment, if their right hand was well they had nothing left to eat with, pretty harsh sentence.

Anyway, I have gloves and when I'm done I wash the gloves well with soap before taking them off. I try to be consistent and hook up the water hose first, then don the gloves to hook up the dirties and wash them before taking them off.

When I pull the water hose in I will have a rag with bleach on it and pull the hose through it. I connect the 2 ends of the sewage hose. I also clean the electric extension line so I don't drag dirt into the bay or try to minimize dragging dirt in.

I know at first I really didn't think about gloves and I'm sure I was guilty of this malpractice till I read about it. But many many folks use no gloves.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #102

For the "non glove wearers" Do you pick up dog poop with your bare hands? According to your posts I don't see why not because all you have to do is wash your hands afterward! I suspect no...thus why some people try to take precautions when handling non-sanitary objects. I agree some responses were overkill however you can't knock someone for trying.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #103
HHg

Gloved.......I carry a box of 100 in my bay.......nitrile.....very flexible.

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #104

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, I use gloves for the sewer hookup. I do the sewer stuff last, both setting up and breaking down. Might be a little phobic about it, but better safe than sorry.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #105

Just to add a twist to this thread, the State of Michigan researched urine when pondering whether or not to allow waterless urinals in their Plumbing Code and discovered urine is sterile! Waterless urinals are now allowed to be installed. No water, no flush! So back to the discussion, that eliminates comments all about tinkling on your fingers and whether to wash or not!
Docschro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docschro98 View Post
Just to add a twist to this thread, the State of Michigan researched urine when pondering whether or not to allow waterless urinals in their Plumbing Code and discovered urine is sterile! Waterless urinals are now allowed to be installed. No water, no flush! So back to the discussion, that eliminates comments all about tinkling on your fingers and whether to wash or not!
I'm more concerned about what's on the "hose" rather than what's in the "water."

Keep washing those hands! Your Mama said . . .
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #107

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy Here's another thought,

Does the wife use gloves when changeing out her you know ?
Not married so don't know.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #108

Newmar Owners Club
Arrow Stink???????

Quote:
What about the smell? the more yellow.......the more it stinks
Pee off your back porch in the same place for a while in the summer.......this would be just like the "no flush-no water" method.......right.........
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #109
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Let's not go there.

Quote:
Does the wife use gloves when........

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #110

If handling a slinky and washing hands were not enough, RVers would be an endangered species.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #111
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
No gloves, that's what God made soap and water for! What do you do when your fingers go thru the toilet paper? Wash of course! We all have done it numerous times and haven't died yet so.............
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
OH MY GOD! "Houston we have a break-through"!

Hope you had your finger-nails trimmed up........
If not........now we have DIRT STUCK in the backhoe bucket.......
That's what my pocket knife is for, cleaning the fingernails. I use it to cut my apples also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
So:
We've talked about the wet bay and wearing gloves or not while dumping or hooking and unhooking.
We've talked about guys and their habits in the restroom and to wash or not.
We've talked about food preparation in restaurants.
We've talked about soda/candy machines
We have not yet talked about women and their habits in the restroom
- "hovering" and getting drops on the seat, floor and walls cause they don't want to sit cause of the germs (then those of us that have medical problems have to clean up after you to use the facilities, would hate to see their homes ....)
- not flushing cause well they don't want to touch the handle cause of the germs (those of us after have to fix the problems they leave to again use the facilities)
- not washing cause well they didn't touch anything so no need to wash (avoid cause who knows after all the rest what else ...)
Oh wise one. Thank you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #112

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Wayne.......I just laughed out loud! (pocket knife)