Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Funny, the dealer who sold us the coach told us to always leave one window slightly open. He said the #1 thing he gets calls on is people getting locked out of their coaches. By leaving one window open you can boost someone up and in... (not sure what universe that works in... but no way am I heaving my DH up and over anything!)
Funny you mentioned this....we were in the farthest campground you can drive, Teklanika, in Denali Nat'l Park, Alaska and the lock on our door was jammed. Luckily we had an unlocked window right over the couch, we carried a ladder and soon gained access to the inside. However, we did warn the surrounding neighbors so they didn't think we were breaking in! There was absolutely no calling a locksmith there.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #44

Of the 5 RVs we have had most of them have had the same storage keys.

Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #45

I only lock them while traveling. They stay unlocked when we're parked at a CG. I'd rather replace the compartment stuff than the compartment doors with the associated problems of paint mismatch, etc.
Don't have anything of real value in the compartments anyway. Like another member said, the stuff in the compartments would cost less to replace than the insurance deductible.
Although, after reading the post about kids messing with the wet bay stuff, I'll probably start keeping that one locked.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Funny, the dealer who sold us the coach told us to always leave one window slightly open. He said the #1 thing he gets calls on is people getting locked out of their coaches. By leaving one window open you can boost someone up and in... (not sure what universe that works in... but no way am I heaving my DH up and over anything!)
Leave one window unlocked is a good idea. I had a door lock break internally in a locked position. Had to drill a hole in the window casing, jimmy the lock, and then crawl through the window with some tools to take the lock apart. I got no heaving help from the DW though!
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:25 PM   #47

Our windows are closed, one is unlocked. Automatic/remote door locking mechanisms, like anything mechanical and electrical do fail.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage