Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #29

I've owned Motorhomes over 30 years and use regular TP and have never had a problem. I grew up boondocking while playing in the Deserts of So Cal and learned to conserve water and have never ever come close to any sort of problems. If you think you might not have enough water in the black tank before dumping to help flush things out, add a bunch before you go dump. Its hard to believe all the different theory's people come up with, I say its there, its built for it, use it !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #30

^^^^^

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
I just crap in the trash (actually just sit on the trash can) and put the paper in the toilet, my black tank is always clean. I saw a show on tv where a girl couldn't stop eating toilet paper, but that paper was going through her body, so o.k. to flush into black tank.

So wait. If I eat some TP with my meal, it saves me a step in the crapper? I'm all about time savings!
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #32

Solo Rvers Club
I too don't think it matters use whatever you want well maybe not the sears catalog.

It all breaks down some may takes a few seconds or minutes longer so what .

I have used Northern 2 ply , Angel soft , and Scott one ply all without problems its all about water not the brand of paper you use or chemicals anyone that has problems it almost always ends up being improper dumping procedure and just gets blamed on the paper .
Old 07-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #33

My instruction tells us to use "septic safe" paper and we buy in bulk at Costco
Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rented a houseboat once and had to put all used TP in the trash. Double Yuck! I have been buying RV TP at Walmart, but that is going to stop after reading this thread.

Don't have a macerator, don't want a macerator. But for those that do use one, do you still let the tank get at least half full before "dumping" it? And without getting the big swoosh you get dumping with a 3" hose, how do you keep all the junk from settling out in the bottom of your tank?
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #35

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't think there's any significant difference in toilet paper. Yes, some dissolve faster than others, but most of it stays in the tank until you're ready to dump. And when you do, most if not all of it will come out dissolved or in chunks, as long as you've used plenty of water during number two flushes.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #36
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
I just crap in the trash (actually just sit on the trash can) and put the paper in the toilet, my black tank is always clean. I saw a show on tv where a girl couldn't stop eating toilet paper, but that paper was going through her body, so o.k. to flush into black tank.
Make sure you put a liner in the trash can.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Rented a houseboat once and had to put all used TP in the trash. Double Yuck! I have been buying RV TP at Walmart, but that is going to stop after reading this thread.

Don't have a macerator, don't want a macerator. But for those that do use one, do you still let the tank get at least half full before "dumping" it? And without getting the big swoosh you get dumping with a 3" hose, how do you keep all the junk from settling out in the bottom of your tank?
First we use plenty of water to flush. Second, I let the black tank sprayer run while I empty. Third, add 2 or 3 minutes of water to flush the tank and redrain after you have emptied the tank. Repeat if necessary. Every once in a while fill your tanks to half full before a days travel. Dump a bottle of Pine Sole, or Pine Power in black tank and one in the grey tank. That will loosen any residue that may be in the tanks. Drain and flush the tanks as soon as you set up.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Me to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
Regular TP, but we put it in the trash to eliminate all chances of problems later. We use plastic grocery bags to line the basket and put a fresh one in every day - great use for all those Walmart bags.
I do the same thing because I used to have a sailboat and I got sick and tired of unstopping the head (Marine Toilet) So I started a rule "What ever goes in the head/toilet has to pass through you first". That rule saved me a lot of grief and I still use that rule and have no problems with the black tank. When I dump I always put in a few gallons of water with Dawn detergent and that, I think, keeps things flowing better. As usual YMMV.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #39

My wife and I nearly died laughing at some of the threads posted here. Love the humor. Keep it up. We read it every night b4 bed time. Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #40

Ok, I've tried it. I ate the toilet paper, felt fuller and consumed fewer snacks during the day....as a result, I'm losing some weight and due to the increased fiber content in my diet, use the bathroom more and don't have to wipe. TP has passed thru my body so I feel safe flushing it......this is a win-win-win. All of you should try it!!!!!
kanzacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Sin of sins... I use Charmin Extra Soft and/or Strong, depending . House septic and RV.. No problems ever. House septic on 7th year without a pump out. No sludge build up to speak of yet.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #42

I find you don't have to eat as much of the quilted. It's more filling and you don't have to empty your black tank as soon either. I haven't tried the others, but the TP with the green patterns has a hint of mint flavor.

How do you people that bag your crappy TP hide it from the EPA? Isn't it considered a Bio-Hazard?
Some dumpster diver is in for a rude awakening when he tears into one of those bags.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote