Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Toilet tissue

awhile back I saw a article on how to test if a tissue should be used in a camper. It said to take a pint jar put a square of tissue in and then fill the jar with water and shake if it breaks up in a certain number of shakes it is acceptable but I can't remember what the guideline was. has anyone seen this or remember the guide line?
Chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If it brakes up, it is good. We don't worry about it breaking up. We like what feels good on the bum
Old 10-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
awhile back I saw a article on how to test if a tissue should be used in a camper. It said to take a pint jar put a square of tissue in and then fill the jar with water and shake if it breaks up in a certain number of shakes it is acceptable but I can't remember what the guideline was. has anyone seen this or remember the guide line?
Try this link. Or skip the reading and just buy Costco brand.
Attached Files
File Type: doc TOILET PAPER TESTING (1).doc (29.5 KB, 59 views)
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
RV Toilet Paper Test from The Fit RV - now with children!
Old 10-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #5

Quote:
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

Stupid test proposed by people with too much time on their hands.No need to test. Just use whatever brand or style you and the missus fancy.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just use Scott 1000, done. Readily available at most any Wal-Mart.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Stupid test proposed by people with too much time on their hands.No need to test. Just use whatever brand or style you and the missus fancy.
Thats what we do..... Use plenty of water... all is good.....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Stupid test proposed by people with too much time on their hands. No need to test. Just use whatever brand or style you and the missus fancy.
Tony Lee

I thought Chaparral, the OP,) was asking how to test TP for use in a camper ...(NOT for opinions about testing TP).

Apparently I misunderstood his question.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Well you got your answers and then some. I use Angel Soft since it was one of those used on the test that seems to do a good job. I think most will work fine if you keep the water level up however, I would never use Charmin Ultra Strong since it is designed to be just that and will never break down. Funny thing that as I recall one of the tissues that did not do well was the one designed for RV use.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #11

toilet paper

Yes I was wondering how to test how the paper dissolves in the tank so we can use something other than RV tissue and not clog things up.

Thanks for the replies I tried the water shake test and our Costco brand will work just fine and cost a lot less.
Chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #12

To prove what you are doing, test a piece of Kleenex at the same way. This will show what you DON'T want to use for TP! If it disolves it is "OK" to use!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Tony Lee

I thought Chaparral, the OP,) was asking how to test TP for use in a camper ...(NOT for opinions about testing TP).

Apparently I misunderstood his question.
Surely better to save him the trouble and time. Not a lot of point of pointing him to a test that merely perpetuates the myth that the type of toilet paper is somehow incredibly important. It isn't.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:51 AM   #14
IC2

Quote:
Surely better to save him the trouble and time. Not a lot of point of pointing him to a test that merely perpetuates the myth that the type of toilet paper is somehow incredibly important. It isn't.
The OP just asked a simple question, not for an opinion on TP. Not a big deal
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet