Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Toliet water feed Leak!

Currently in the process of doing a shakedown cruise for the new Itasca Sunstar 35F. I've noticed a small puddle of water on the floor one the back side of the rear toilet close to what I think is the feed line. It has what I call a pinch type clamp on it and I'm feeling moisture in that area. For the time being, keeping paper towels stuffed in that area. Anyone else having this type of clamp and should I replace it with a regular type screw type clamp.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2

Those clamps and the plastic pipe are common in most RV,s made. There is a tool that crimps the metal ring and it is not cheap. You might want to take it in to a dealer before it causes a problem with the floor or the basement storage compartment

Old 10-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for responding, but the clamp that is on mine is not of the crimp type. It looks like about a 6 gauge stainless steel wire bent in a spring type circle. Looks like a steady hand and a pair of pliers would remove it. Not sure that even if I had our camera with us that I could get back far enough to take a picture.

spring wire hose clamp - Bing Images
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #4

There could be two lines there depending upon the brand of toilet - some utilize an anti-siphon valve in-line there as well. A picture would certainly help.. or if you can post the brand/model of toilet you have. I have run across many anti-siphon valves that were leaky in some manner. Those spring clips you have are strong enough if the tubing is pushed onto the barbed fitting properly.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #5

You say the RV is new, so you must have some warranty. Have the dealer take care of it, don't mess with it, you may void your warranty.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #6

It might be the feed line but it might also be the flush valve itself. Sometimes they leak all the time which is why I put an inline shutoff valve in ours. Sometimes they will leak only when flushing. I also put a couple of water alarms, one in the bathroom behind the toilet and one under the kitchen sink.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
You say the RV is new, so you must have some warranty. Have the dealer take care of it, don't mess with it, you may void your warranty.
That's part of the money you spent, the warranty.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the responses, and yes, I have a warranty and I'll let the shop correct the problem. I'm going to take it to the shop a week or so to have extension installed on the duals and will have it repaired at that time.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just touching base and again saying thanks, I finally got the RV to the shop for the toilet feed leak repair and the valve extensions installed. We go out tomorrow morning to pick it up.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #10

It is good that you feel you're capable of handleing regular maintenance and that's important. However with a new RV we need to let the dealership know about these issues so you are covered should more damage be discovered. The leak could have started out s l o w l e y and damage the subfloor that could not bee seen. Now that the dealership is invloved you are covered

Tags
leak, water