Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tomorrow we will start the longest

trip we have taken since we started with rving. Wish it would be longer, but a two week trip is all we could do right now. We will be going from SE Penna. to Branson, MO., then back to the outer banks of NC., then back home. As of 0700 tomorrow morning the drive begins. Can't wait till morning. We will spend 4 days in Branson and a few with friends and relatives. Wish us luck, 6 days was the longest so far.......

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #2

Good luck, travel safe and have fun!

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Stay safe on your travels. Unfortunately these "quick, but long" trips do not give the time to see a lot of sights at each stop, but can give a great idea on the lifestyle.

When we retired to our coach (FT) we decided that our travels will not be longer than the 250 mile range each day. Plus we like to take our time at each stop. This sounds like something you can really look forward to in your RV.

Have fun!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Just an updat on our trip......

Well the trip is now over, and a great trip it was. I guess we experienced just about all there was to through at us. We had monsoon like rains, sunshine, clouds, I guess everything but hail. Even has a bit of trouble with the fiver...(slide would not come in twice), but got through it by giving it a healthy dose of leaning into it and helping the motor pull it in. We traveled about 3400 miles with a driving time total of about 48 hours according to the driver info center. The truck performed very well, and for the type of mountain's we were driving in, averaged about 10 mpg. Overall a fine trip, a fine time, and ready for more next year. Now we know what the must haves will be in another fiver if we decide to get one. Atrip very worth while for sure...
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the update. I'll be taking my in laws with us to Branson soon. Did you stay in an rv park. I'm leading towards KOA. It's pricey but I get one free night and we're only staying 4 nights. I still have 5 years until I retire. Only short trips until then.