Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I use a easy squeeze bottle, with a 6in. tube. The bottle holds about16 ounces. I'm lucky, all my caps can be removed without taking any cables loose. Use distilled water, and fill to the level of the slots. I use a protective spray on the battery posts for keeping the posts free from eroding. I also carry the water bottle with me in the Rv.
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #30

Just use a deer park sport water bottle, with a 1972 distilled Cabernet.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
Next I got a profil, I can feel the bulb get hard so I know it full. Very easy to use.
Don't be so sure. My Pro-Fill quit working, and there was no way to tell without taking the caps off and looking in there. I wrote a detailed post about it a couple of years ago:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/pro-f...ng-254093.html

They have redesigned the caps, and maybe newer ones don't have this problem. But you can't be sure it's working correctly unless you take the caps off and look in there, and the whole reason for having it is so you don't have to take the caps off and look in there.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Don't be so sure. My Pro-Fill quit working, and there was no way to tell without taking the caps off and looking in there. I wrote a detailed post about it a couple of years ago:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/pro-f...ng-254093.html

They have redesigned the caps, and maybe newer ones don't have this problem. But you can't be sure it's working correctly unless you take the caps off and look in there, and the whole reason for having it is so you don't have to take the caps off and look in there.
My caps look alot different then the ones in your link. I decided to take a look at the fill level of the batteries today. After using the profill there is no leakage at the caps. I took the caps off and inspected each cell, the water was good and the same on all the cells. I am happy with the profill system. I am using sams club Duracell batteries.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #33

Glad to hear it's working well for you. It's too bad, though, that you can never be sure without taking the caps off. But at least you did that before claiming that it's working.

It's a pain to take the caps off to inspect the cells, but worse, I ruined a jacket and pair of pants from battery acid because the floats for the caps are submerged in battery acid and they're connected by tubing, and the acid got flung around when taking of caps off to inspect the cells. I watered batteries for well over 10 years before that by using one of those jugs with the shut-off thing, and never got a speck of battery acid on me.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:37 PM   #34

Mine are certainly in a convenient spot that is not cluttered with wires.
The condiment bottle and aquarium tubing worked really well. The tubing is silicone so its flexible and stays on the bottle. The bottle even has a handy little keeper for the other end of the tubing.

None of them were too low or too high. I have no idea what is triggering the LP sensor after the coach is plugged into 110V for about 8 hours. Thought it might be off gassing from the batteries. The LP is off at the tank and the tank is fine checked it. I have a bionic nose and would be able to smell it anyway.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:00 PM   #35

Condiment bottle here also. Won't say how full I fill mine, but I had a good teacher 50 odd years ago and have never had an issue.

Tags
batteries, water