Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Total shock!!!

So, Sunday the DH and I decided to take the grandkids swimming at a nearby campground. We were also checking out a site we reserved for the coming weekend. We are sitting at the beach and watched people dumping tanks at the dump station and leaving for home. LO AND BEHOLD....a truck pulls up with a TT behind, a man and woman get out, waltz back to the tank valves....and open them!! NO hoses...just opened them up and let 'er rip. I swear the smell was overbearing. They finally looked over toward the crowd at the beach area gawking at them and turned their backs. When they got done, they just turned on the little hose and haphazardly hosed things off. Seriously???? I have never seen such a thing!!!! It's too bad the idiot didn't have a huge case of splashing going on.
DreaminBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #2

Must have been Ellen Griswold's cousin Eddie.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

Yep, sh*tter was full.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
At least Eddie had a sewer hose.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #5

Too bad someone didn't get a license # and report them....Always a few that ruin things for others.....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Too bad someone didn't get a license # and report them....Always a few that ruin things for others.....

X2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
Exactly what I thought when reading the first post.

Last Sunday at the local lake, we pull up to dump. An older couple were dumping. They didn't have an adapter to screw onto the tank inlet. They just opened the big cover and hung the hose in there. That is fine an all, but the smell...my Lord. Apparently the TT had two dumps. When he switched over, stuff went everywhere since he was soooo careful. I can get over the smell, carelessness, and plain laziness of others, but what killed me was, the grandkids were standing right there. Probably a 10 year old girl and a 7 year old boy....WITH NO SHOES ON! I was beside myself. Tracking water from who knows what tank all around. I wanted to throw up. I wanted to tell them to leave the kids in the truck or make them stand back...but not my place. I just pulled up, dumped without spilling a drip, and left in a fraction of the time they had been camping out at the crapper hole.
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #8

Stayed at a KOA campground in Leavenworth Wa.(never again).We had the displeasure of having the site across from the dumping station. We watched in horror as a group of kids in their mid teens drank water from the little clean up hose and right next to the non potable water sign.I blurted out for them to read the sign and the look I got back made me think that I might as well of been speaking to our dog.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Thankfully I read this after lunch...do you think they just don't know better? Nobody is that stupid...are they?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
What I like about camping is the diversity of people involved. What I don't like about it is the diversity of people involved.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ick. After observing other campers putting their stinky slinky on the PICNIC TABLE...we don't go anywhere without plenty of Lysol and a plastic table cloth. Some people are so disgusting and clueless.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #12

It may be hard to believe but I swear, some people just don't know how to empty the tanks. They think that the slope of the concrete toward the drain means "open-er-up" and "let-er-flow". I have a habit of talking to folks about the proper way to empty tanks and if they don't wanna listen, I call the authorities. There is no excuse for what you saw!
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
What I like about camping is the diversity of people involved. What I don't like about it is the diversity of people involved.
A very accurate statement! It's truly amazing how some people passed the "common sense" table when they were born. Most of the time, they missed the other two tables too and walked right on by. Those other two were, "common courtesy" and, "Common decency". Don't kid yourselves out there, those people the OP was talking about knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

Being lazy and un-caring these days IS COMMON! Yes, there's caring, courteous, thoughtful and, people who "THINK" when they're doing things. They pay attention to what's around them, they THINK about what they're doing and will it will have effects on other folks, if they're close by.

Not all campers are like the ones the OP is talking about. We've met plenty of good, nice, caring and courteous people while on/in our travels. Our parents taught us right and wrong. And, their parents before them and before them etc. Schools teach all of us important ideals and how to use them. Whether or not any of it sinks in, is of course up to the individual.

Some of the teachings, never sunk in and, the schools had no effect. Life's too short to have to worry about those types. I just try and wash it away and learn more.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #14

Im a pooh-phobe. I recall being excited about my new Sani-Con system. I let the tanks get good and full boondocking for 10 days.. went to the dumping station, hooked up to the sewer and flipped the switch.. Looking all proud of my new system I reached my head into the wet bay to check on things, thats when things went very very wrong.. I didn't notice there was a small cap on the nozle, the hose literally exploded in what friends decribed best as a "Robbin Williams RV moment" It was everywhere, I even had corn in my hair (no idea who flushed that much corn). After I stripped down naked right there without shame I hosed myself off and lathered up with Dial anti-Microbial soap (several times) with horrified onlookers. I then headed to urgent care for any shot they would give me.
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote