Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #1

Tough decision, trade or keep?

Well I rarely post on here, but I do read a lot and I've got a decision to make pretty quick.

Last November we bought a 2014 Wildcat 344QB. After 6 months we found quiet a few problems so we took it in to get everything fixed under warranty. Well after 4 weeks we got it back and stayed in it for 2 weeks and all seemed good. I finally had a good dreary day and gave it a good bath but while I was cleaning the roof I found something that makes me regret even going to this dealership. Someone had put silicone along the main slide out seal! Then I moved it (a 3 hr. drive) and one of the slides was rocking in and out at the top and after being here a week and a half our main slide is leaking pretty bad. It's been raining off and on everyday since we have been setup and it just started yesterday. I climbed up on the roof to make sure the seals are in place and the slide wasn't holding water. But I think I know why the silicone was there. Now I realize I should've climbed up top before purchase but this is really upsetting for a brand new rig.

The decision I have to make now is take it back to the same dealer(which obviously isn't honest) and hope it's fixed for good or trade it in and start over?

The list of problems so far that are fixed.

Loose water line behind the shower.
Busted water line in the underbelly.
Busted septic line under the rear toilet.
Half the slide out trim was loose.
Black tank flush system.
Seam split around the front cap.
Several other minor things.

New problems.

Main slide leaking.
Bunkhouse slide seal is cracked.
Several windows are leaking.
Slide rocks in and out when traveling.
The rest of the slide trim is loose.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with this one. If the dealer doesn't wanna help should I contact Forest River?
EastTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #2

I would talk to FR if the dealer is too incompetent or unwilling to repair your rig. I'd think long and hard before I bought another FR product. Good luck.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I would be in contact with FR instantly! In addition to letting them know the problems, see if they have another service center in your area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #4

First action is to call manufacturer and see how they act.

Make official request for action and have them create an issue or ticket or claim number of some sort.

Next contact your state consumer protection agency and file claim with all details and include new information from manufacturer.

Be sure to advise that manufacturer is just been put on notice and you will need to see how they respond.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #5

Problems

having many of the same problems with our 2014 Wildcat. Have not been able to use it for 6 weeks now, took on a cross country trip this summer. Came home took to dealership we bought from, said they fixed-DID NOT. Currently with another dealer who has contacted FR. Found out the original dealer turned in many false claims and is ow being sued. We are stuck in the middle. Our main frame is broke OR the aluminum frame has broken away from the steel frame. LOVE my camper HATE the problems. Only had the camper since April don't have the luxury of trading. Been at a dealership more then we have enjoyed it.
teddybears38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #6

Warranty stops when it is not in yiur possesion and stays stopped until fixed.

Contact your state office and manufacturer and DEMAND replacement with better model or other remedy.

This is to last poster above.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #7

Well after talking with Brian, FR's service and warranty rep. I was told all he could do was setup a service appointment. He said it's up to the dealer to offer me a trade on another unit. I don't believe this at all but I will not have another FR product if this is the best customer service they have. I recieved a letter from a lawyer earlier this year about all the problems everyone is have with their Wildcats so I will likely contact him.

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK
EastTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
If it is falling apart that badly, and according to one of the previous posters, the manufacturer is NOT very accommodating, look for a different unit, preferable a different manufacturer and dealer.

Unfortunately many of these manufacturers are so concentrated on pushing out new units, probably most as badly made as yours, that is what you get at this price point. When manufacturers put their whole efforts toward new low cost units the consumer suffers.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #9

Who is the lawyer? May need him/her
teddybears38 is offline   Reply With Quote