Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #43

Publications flip and flop every day on either we are in a recession, one’s right around the corner, times are booming, “happy days are here again” or “The sky is falling”. The media need to keep selling themselves, thinking they are important and relevant. I just get up everyday, do my yard work, play golf, and drink a good single barrel bourbon or single malt scotch.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #44

PJ
Really?

Your talking Apples and Oranges comparisons.

A normal function of weather patterns.

And the Emotional end response of Peoples Deliberate Decisions, actions.

Are you a cognitive ? Or of
Non Cognitive Behavioral Thinking ?

Now think about This RV. Recreational
Manufacturing issue.

Most People Buy, ( Recreational goods)
Because of Want, not need.

How many on this site say
We only live once.
We deserve to travel and see the country?
Heck, take a train [emoji848][emoji6][emoji41]

So unless you're a traveling construction
Or Pipine welder.
Its an emotional decision for.
Recreation.

The RV businss was dead not but not 6 to 7 years ago.

Then in 2014 the bank's decided that most everyone should have a new TT or Motor Home.

I know people that bought NEW left over 2008 DPs in 2010 and 2011.

The manufacturers were giving the dealers with high end DPs as much as $50,000
Per unit to pass on to Customers with cash or fantastic credit.

Do people's emotions, people feeling good
About their future have an effect on the economy ? Certainly

But absolutely NOT THE WEATHER.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
There seems to be more and more of these kind of business and financial posts. Just enough information to get your attention but not really enough to positively prove their point. I've grown very skeptical of this kind of stuff because its source may be someone or an organization with an ulterior motive to influence a business or even an individual in a certain way to positively affect their own finances and power. Nope, don't trust 'em - unless there are other confirming reports.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #46

It is tough to make predictions, especially about the future...
Old 09-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #47

It amazes me how many people make RV payments!!!
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
I read a lot of newspapers online every day and there seems to be a lot of talk about a possible recession. I have no idea if there is one coming or not. Crazy is that the sale of "RV's" has been a good indicator in the past and I'm sure a still reliable resource moving forward. The hard thing to decipher is whether sales are truly down or simply slowing, again, I don't know.

Another sign is the yield curve on long term vs short term investments. We are headed into a direction that makes things look bad. Time will tell.

The one thing I keep reading, and believe with all I know is that it will not be a recession like we had in 08 and maybe a correction. The banking and finance industry is under much tighter scrutiny since 08 and provides a bit better safety barrier than we had in 08.

A correction is not a bad thing.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
There seems to be more and more of these kind of business and financial posts. Just enough information to get your attention but not really enough to positively prove their point. I've grown very skeptical of this kind of stuff because its source may be someone or an organization with an ulterior motive to influence a business or even an individual in a certain way to positively affect their own finances and power. Nope, don't trust 'em - unless there are other confirming reports.

x2 You mean trolling?

One thing that we do know is that there are currently those, including a 'TV personality,' who are front-running a recession for political reasons. What's the Wall Street phrase, "talking your book?"
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #50

Maybe RV sales are slipping do to people reading manufacturer reviews. I think I've read myself out of buying.
NE Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHB View Post
It amazes me how many people make RV payments!!!

There is nothing inherently wrong with making RV payments, the problem is long term RV financing beyond the expected service life of the RV.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
x2 You mean trolling?

One thing that we do know is that there are currently those, including a 'TV personality,' who are front-running a recession for political reasons. What's the Wall Street phrase, "talking your book?"
RIGHT! ^^^^^
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
x2 You mean trolling?

Or others who are hoping for one to serve their own purposes...
Old 09-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Traveler View Post
Maybe RV sales are slipping do to people reading manufacturer reviews. I think I've read myself out of buying.

Welcome to iRV2. You'll find no shortage of folks with various and sundry problems...er, RV problems. If misery truly loves company it explains why we're such a big group here!

Part of it is that when all the kibbles and bits that make up our RVs just work, we don't immediately run to the app or computer to post "No problems, day number xxxx". But the moment the water dribbles out or slide gets stuck... well, here we are!

Seriously, though, just don't buy new. Let someone else do the shake down, deal with the warranty issues and take the initial big depreciation hit (you save what they lose).

Don't give up because *other people* had problems. You're going in with your eyes open and with resources available to you.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #55

It never ceases to amaze me how some people ascribe ulterior motives to people who are reporting facts. Auto sales are slowing down, RV sales are slowing down, the yield curve is inverted or nearly so, the Fed has cut interest rates among other things. These are not being reported for political motives, they are simply facts being reported by the press. Yes, there are those that interpret them as being signs of an impending recession. Why, because this is what has happened before almost every recession in memory, not just recent memory. Draw your own conclusions if you want to, you have that right, but please don't ascribe political or ulterior motives to folks who simply report facts and what they likely imply. Most of them are just doing their job and most do it quite well.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:54 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I was going to "quote ' some here on this thread but I know it's like talking this dining room table I built 40 years ago. It still doesn't answer me, when I'm sitting here yelling at the computer or tv.

There is information all over for us take in and use to our advantage.

Gather all this information, from ALL sources and use what's best for you.

The rv industry downturn is just 1 indicator, that's all.

Don't wait till the last minute AGAIN!

Our financial adviser hasn't indicated anything disastrous but always says the market has to have corrections, it's not the end of the world. Our investments will take a hit. Then when prices are low we buy more at a lower price for more shares overall.

The market will recess sooner.

Or later.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote