RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post

I especially like the way the chart maker tweaked the number of years in a "generation" to show a shortage of Gen X members as the boomers die off. If you just adjust the year ranges a couple of years one way or the other you can make the Gen X population just as big as boomers.

hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #58

If economic were so easy to predict there would not be an entire segment of society studying it. No one would lose money. No business would fold. The law of averages would not exist.
To say that people do not exploit gains and losses for political reasons is laughable.
Production, sales and general industry trends are always happening. To point to anything and scream doom and gloom is chicken little at its finest.
before social media common people cared about their daily lives. They cared about what affected them and their families and the things they could change or help change.
Now most people seem to focus on those things that are completely out of their control and become activists to change things they have no power to change.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
If economic were so easy to predict there would not be an entire segment of society studying it. No one would lose money. No business would fold. The law of averages would not exist.
To say that people do not exploit gains and losses for political reasons is laughable.
Production, sales and general industry trends are always happening. To point to anything and scream doom and gloom is chicken little at its finest.
before social media common people cared about their daily lives. They cared about what affected them and their families and the things they could change or help change.
Now most people seem to focus on those things that are completely out of their control and become activists to change things they have no power to change.
YOUR A SMART MAN, I'M WITH YOU!
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #60

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
The wealthiest familys I know today made the correct decision 's during the great depression in the 30s.

Its Attitude and discipline.

They never considered

I deserve a rv ??
I deserve to take my family and see the country.

No, nothing wrong with that thinking at all.

But just a different, Day and night
Way of thinking.

Two weeks ago some purchased tons of stocks.

While the sheep's were selling.

The gains in the past week are more than

Many make in a lifetime.

Attitudes
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I especially like the way the chart maker tweaked the number of years in a "generation" to show a shortage of Gen X members as the boomers die off. If you just adjust the year ranges a couple of years one way or the other you can make the Gen X population just as big as boomers.
I think there’s a little more to the research than just moving the goal posts to make a graphic look a certain way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene...of_generations
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X
jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #62

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
I think there’s a little more to the research than just moving the goal posts to make a graphic look a certain way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene...of_generations
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X
Yeah, Wiki and the government would never try to mislead us.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjim View Post
I was going to "quote ' some here on this thread but I know it's like talking this dining room table I built 40 years ago. It still doesn't answer me, when I'm sitting here yelling at the computer or tv.

There is information all over for us take in and use to our advantage.

Gather all this information, from ALL sources and use what's best for you.

The rv industry downturn is just 1 indicator, that's all.

Don't wait till the last minute AGAIN!

Our financial adviser hasn't indicated anything disastrous but always says the market has to have corrections, it's not the end of the world. Our investments will take a hit. Then when prices are low we buy more at a lower price for more shares overall.

The market will recess sooner.

Or later.

Why should your investments take a hit? Oops that’s right you have an advisor who gets paid either way. Unless you tell him to sell or have “ stops” on your stocks they’ll just let the market do what it does. And it may take years to recoup.....
Advisor couldn’t care less if your account goes up. He gets his percentage either way imo
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #64

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHB View Post
It amazes me how many people make RV payments!!!

Why? Most people make car payments, mortgage payments, credit card payments, etc.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:17 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Why should your investments take a hit? Oops that’s right you have an advisor who gets paid either way. Unless you tell him to sell or have “ stops” on your stocks they’ll just let the market do what it does. And it may take years to recoup.....
Advisor couldn’t care less if your account goes up. He gets his percentage either way imo
Wrong again.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #66

I think this recession thing is a hit by the investment society and politics and media. its all there negative talking and predictions that people listen to, SOON THEY START BELIEVING IT.. that's when the trouble starts, people start not wanting to spend any money. John and Jane were planning on a vacation but now with all the talk about a recession John and Jane are going to stay home and wait for that recession that everyone says is coming. this is exactly what the above wants to happen.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #67

As Mark Twain himself once said a long time ago:

"There are lies, then there are damn lies and then there are statistics" still holds true today

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:38 AM   #68

People who look for problems have no incentive to not find them.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
People who look for problems have no incentive to not find them.

Sounds like a quote from some wise one.

We I'll always face recessions in the future. Will will normally face booming times. The bulls and the bears will each alternatively have their day in the sun. The objective is to be vigilant and wise. Learn when to move and when to sit still. As humans, we won't get it right every time. When the mistake is made and loses occur, hopefully they are minimal. The next step will always be - learn from the mistake, adjust the plan and move on. I like what I heard one advisor say - when there is panic talk over, wars, political changes, Brexit, etc., often the best thing to do is nothing.

It is like piloting a ship at sea. It will routinely be moved off course, by the sea, wind, or whatever, but the captain must be vigilant and constantly adjust to stay on course.

The challenge is many people don't have a solid goal or a solid plan, and so they are constantly blown off course with the crowd, but don't know what to adjust to, because they started the journey not knowing where they were going.

Someone once said, "if don't don't know where you are going, any path will do".
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #70

Regardless of the economy, people change and their spending habits change.

We are in a booming economy, yet Harley sales are slowing.

2018 sales of power boats was the highest since 2007.

RV sales were going like gang busters until Aug of this year, now the bottom has fallen out.

I personally know quite a few people who do not own a vehicle, have no drivers license and intend to keep it that way.

Its crazy to me that my SIL drops 1k on a phone and he thinks Im crazy dropping the same money on an intake and carb for one of my cars.

bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote