Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Real happy with the M154 295/75/22.5's we have. Going into our 4th year with them. Would replace with the same ones.
Good luck, good health and safe travels!

BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:21 AM   #16

Beavers used to come standard with Toyo tires. They were great. Toyo just quit the RV business when a dispute with Country Coach (circa 2005-2007) arose after there were a number of blowouts and Toyo claimed CC gave them bogus specs and a couple of years of Country Coach rigs had the wrong sized tires. I wanted to replace my Toyos around 2007 with new Toyos, but they would not provide any warranty for RV use at that time. They also dropped any size similar to the 275/70R22.5 tires I needed. I have new Michelins now. But, if I need tires in the future I will certainly give Toyos a look.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #17

We've used Toyo's on all our various vehicles for many years. We're fortunate to live near a Les Schwab dealer who has very good prices.

When we got them for our Class A (a smaller size than your 22.5s), the shop manager went through their warehouse inventory looking for the newest manufacture date and got us a set that were molded jut 6 weeks earlier. It turned out he was an RV owner and knew the tires would die of old age rather than wear!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Good tires.
We have them on ours with 15,000 miles, no issues. Nice ride.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just replaced a used Michelin on my MH due to an egg-sized bubble on sidewall while on road trip, 1100 miles from home! Unable to get new Mich and they are 'off size' (235/80R22.5). Repair guy suggested Toyo to replace all 6 Michs. Current tires are 2010 manufacture date as noted on tire. Good feed back on Toyo on this thread! Thanks to all helping without me asking. Love irv2!
Poppab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #20

Toyo tires

My motorhome came with Michelin 235/80/R22.5 tires from the factory but the previous owner had installed Toyo M120 tires 255/70R22.5 tires in 2004. So in 2013 I replaced the front 2 with same size 255/70R 22.5 M122 & in Feb 2015 I replaced the duallys with the M122. I know Toyo says their 245/75R22.5 is an equivalent to the Michelin 235/80R22.5 But I like the H load rating which can handle more weight 770lbs more per each dually & 835lbs more per each single at a higher pressure 120lbs.

http://toyotires-1524598101.netdna-s...les-single.pdf
Old 07-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Toyo Tires

I recently purchased a 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R with 18K miles. Runs on F53, 18Klb chassis.

Having just upgraded my suspension (separate post - F53 Suspension Upgades), I then tackled replacing the aging G670s. It's been a painful process. While Les Schwab has been outstanding in their effort to make me happy, the Toyo M143s (DOT between 3314 and 1115) just seem to set up a vibration, even after rim balancing and mounting/dismounting 12 tires over the course of original install and two subsequent trips. I've also noticed the need for frequent steering correction compared to the OE (perhaps the deep tread on Toyo's at 16/32). Likely that the sidewalls are too heavy; they are, after all, an urban truck application.

I hope the final fix scheduled for next week will solve the problem. I found that joining FMCA will save me literally $1,000 by replacing the M143 with XRVs, which will more than pay for a trip into Oregon to save even more by not paying California's ridiculous sales tax. I'm ok with going from 16-ply to 12-ply; I don't run into curbs and the higher rating isn't needed for this smaller chassis that carries less weight. BTW, Les Schwab, wanting to ensure my satisfaction, will accept the Toyo's for credit. I've used Schwab for 12 years and my loyalty will continue. (Unfortunately, Les Schwab is not part of the Michelin Advantage/FMCA program, so they'll loose my business on this.)

I'm not saying Toyo's are a good tire ... I've installed them on other vehicles. Just saying for me, I don't think they were the right tire.

Lesson learned: 1) Join FMCA; 2) Don't get too excited about heavy sidewalls, deep treads and some cost-savings (retail) unless you need the added strength, can be ok with a more truck-like driving experience and have several extra dollars to spend.

It's time to hit the road!
Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 AM   #22

Let's see, you put Load Range "H" tires on a coach that only needed Load Range "F" tires, and then you're not satisfied with the ride. Now you figure that the way to fix that is to buy a different brand of tire, that happens to be a Load Range "F". Yep, that should do it!

Michelins must be clearly better than Toyos.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:25 AM   #23
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
Clearly not twice as expensive better!

I've never owned Michelin's but if you googled tire problems for both Toyo and Michelin (which I have) there are WAY more issues posted with Michelin's than Toyo's by a HUGE margin!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
Let's see, you put Load Range "H" tires on a coach that only needed Load Range "F" tires, and then you're not satisfied with the ride. Now you figure that the way to fix that is to buy a different brand of tire, that happens to be a Load Range "F". Yep, that should do it!

Jeez, Bob, what is it about you and Michelin's ?

Man, relax!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Ours toyo's are working great. No issues.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbud View Post
I recently purchased a 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R with 18K miles. Runs on F53, 18Klb chassis.

Having just upgraded my suspension (separate post - F53 Suspension Upgades), I then tackled replacing the aging G670s. It's been a painful process. While Les Schwab has been outstanding in their effort to make me happy, the Toyo M143s (DOT between 3314 and 1115) just seem to set up a vibration, even after rim balancing and mounting/dismounting 12 tires over the course of original install and two subsequent trips. I've also noticed the need for frequent steering correction compared to the OE (perhaps the deep tread on Toyo's at 16/32). Likely that the sidewalls are too heavy; they are, after all, an urban truck application.

I hope the final fix scheduled for next week will solve the problem. I found that joining FMCA will save me literally $1,000 by replacing the M143 with XRVs, which will more than pay for a trip into Oregon to save even more by not paying California's ridiculous sales tax. I'm ok with going from 16-ply to 12-ply; I don't run into curbs and the higher rating isn't needed for this smaller chassis that carries less weight. BTW, Les Schwab, wanting to ensure my satisfaction, will accept the Toyo's for credit. I've used Schwab for 12 years and my loyalty will continue. (Unfortunately, Les Schwab is not part of the Michelin Advantage/FMCA program, so they'll loose my business on this.)

I'm not saying Toyo's are a good tire ... I've installed them on other vehicles. Just saying for me, I don't think they were the right tire.

Lesson learned: 1) Join FMCA; 2) Don't get too excited about heavy sidewalls, deep treads and some cost-savings (retail) unless you need the added strength, can be ok with a more truck-like driving experience and have several extra dollars to spend.

It's time to hit the road!

Did the tires fix the problem?
Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Michelin's installed through Michelin Advantage (FMCA program). Installed by Henderson's in Grants Pass on a resent trip. All's good. Les Schwab was great and returned a full credit.

I've never worried about the "ride" of the Toyos ... I have a C5 Corvette with Magnetic Suspension. It was the seemingly impossible task of trying to get them balanced.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #28

I replaced all 6 tires on our last coach (gas) 22,000 lb chassis with Toyo They had 19.5 tires. We now have a diesel that we just put six Toyo 295/75/22.5 on. On both coaches we thought the ride was great. First coach had Michelins and the second had Sumatoms. Did not care for either of the rides.

Tags
tires