Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

tpms

Hi Gang , I just saw another Tire system on another site called Tire Stat, and was wondering if any of you had purchased one yet ? . They allow you to add air without removing the sensor, however they are almost triple the cost of the TST product. Sorry I couldnt post the link .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is the link
Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Commercial Grade - PPL Motor Homes

gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Here is my experience with Tire-Stat from Mobile Awareness over the past 18 months (it hasn’t been pleasant).

On January 31, 2011 I purchased the TIRESTAT 6-TIRE KIT MA-TPMS-6HT-2S2D-NA from PPL Motor Homes for $530.62. The instructions were good (actually written in grammatically correct English) and the unit installed fine. My Motor Home is built on a Freightliner MC-L chassis with metal valve stems on all 6 tires. The unit was installed in March, 2011.

My first tire sensor failed in October 2011 while returning from a Rally. I returned the failed sensor to the address listed in the instructions – it turns out the instructions were so old, the company had moved to a new address years ago. After re-mailing to the correct address, it was replaced. The total turn around was about 4 weeks.

Another tire sensor failed sometime in January-February 2012 while it was in commercial RV storage (fully enclosed and environmentally maintained). Returned the sensor and it was replaced.

Another tire sensor failed (replacement for sender failure #1) in March while in an RV park in San Diego. Returned the sensor and it was replaced.

Another tire sensor failed in June while in RV storage. As I am off to Oregon with only a partial TPMS functioning, I will return the sensor when I return home.

Depending on what you read, sensors should last 5-7 years (PPL Web Site) or 3-5 years (Tire-Stat instructions).

Based on my experience, I clearly cannot recommend the Tire-Stat to anyone.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Tire Stat - Update

On our recently completed trip to the Oregon coast, two more sensors (rear tires) failed. On the trip, I noticed a consistent loss of 2-3 lbs per day of air pressure. A “soap and water” test showed the air was leaking out of the sensor itself (not the metal stem or valve cap). Removed them and filled the tire back to the required 95 lbs and we were go to go for the remainder of the trip.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanti2806 View Post
On our recently completed trip to the Oregon coast, two more sensors (rear tires) failed. On the trip, I noticed a consistent loss of 2-3 lbs per day of air pressure. A “soap and water” test showed the air was leaking out of the sensor itself (not the metal stem or valve cap). Removed them and filled the tire back to the required 95 lbs and we were go to go for the remainder of the trip.
Sorry to revise an old post. I also have had problems with the TireStat system, early on it was with the monitor. Somewhere I read you could use the monitor to read each tire, so I figured I could check pressure each morning that way. Turns out the sensors go to sleep (good idea to save battery life) so in the morning you either need to let air out of each tire or drive the coach to wake them up. So forget using it before you pull out, plus the readings you see will be stored. I soon found I wasn't consistently getting readings from each senor. The good thing is the fill through the sensor, great idea. However, I replaced it with and different TMPS ( 3 failed sensors so returning under warranty). I later found out a slow tire drain wasn't a problem with the tire but with the sensor. Because my replacement system was bad and I just got new tires, I put the TireStat system back on. Turns out two sensors were dead, I order a replacement (ad implied at the price it was a pair but only received one). I can't find my instructions so I've written the company 3 times now over the last 5 months and never a response. I do not recommend their system.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #6

This is the one I'm going to get: TST 507RV 6 Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System
PirateCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #7

I chose this one because you can replace the batteries yourself and you can adjust the air through the sensors. Not bad at around $300 It monitors temp and pressure. Major piece of mind while on the road!

Anybody else used these?

(See my previous post please)

PirateCamper is offline   Reply With Quote