Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
TPMS

OK i know this topic has been talked to death.....I am going to buy them for my coach, Tell me what brand is the best for under 500.00 I will need 8 wheel sensors and toad. what is new that is reliable. How often do these units check pressure and temps. I know you guys will give good advice...Thanks:

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadoc View Post
OK i know this topic has been talked to death.....I am going to buy them for my coach, Tell me what brand is the best for under 500.00 I will need 8 wheel sensors and toad. what is new that is reliable. How often do these units check pressure and temps. I know you guys will give good advice...Thanks:
This is what we're getting ready to buy.(3yr warranty) It's on sale and free shipping. Be sure and look at the signal booster addon if your coach is long and you will be pulling a towed. I believe the 8pk would be $359.
TireTraker TPMS

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #3

If you haven't checked out the TST TPMS, give them a look. Really great customer service.

New User Replaceable Bat - Truck System Technologies, Inc

Call and talk to Dan or Mike @ 770-889-9012

I just got the flo-thru sensors and love the idea of not having to remove them to add air. I really like the size of the monitor.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My experience with TST has been perfect both in terms of performance and customer service.

I changed from the 510 to the 507 with flow thru sensors last year. I like beng able to adjust pressure without removing the sensor and like that the batteries are user replaceable.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I recommend the Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

This is the one that the OTR truckers have rated the most dependable with the least amount of false signals compared to the other brands.

Tire-SafeGuard

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #6

I get my batteries from this guy. He's local and I usually get them the next day.

Energizers are $4.95 each at Autozone.

5 CR1632 CR 1632 DL163200 ECR1632 3 Volt Lithium Button Cell Battery USA US SHIP | eBay
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I've had a Pressure Pro system since they first came available and have only recently had to begin replacing due to battery life (almost 8 years).

PP sensors transmit to the monitor panel every 5 minutes, even if no change in status. They also transmit immediately if there is a pressure change of more than 12.5% from the baseline reading that was established when the sensor was installed on the tire,
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I get my batteries from this guy. He's local and I usually get them the next day.

Energizers are $4.95 each at Autozone.

5 CR1632 CR 1632 DL163200 ECR1632 3 Volt Lithium Button Cell Battery USA US SHIP | eBay
Dinner
Thanks for the heads-up. Radio Shack wants $6 @. Ordered 3 pkgs of 5 for my 12 set TST 507.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #9

I also have 15 and plan on replacing all 10 of mine at start of my season in Oct. Don't know if they last longer than The Bunny, but I won't use Energizer batteries for anything. My experience is they leak where others don't.

The TST sensors also have a low battery alert for the sensors.

The best deal I've found for AA and AAA is Sunbeam Alkaline batteries at Dollar Tree stores. 4/$1. Just as much power and last just as long as other high end batteries.