Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Trac Bar Works

Well, I just finished a 2, 000 + trip to Key West and back after installing the Blue Ox Tiger Trac Bar on my Ford E450. I can truthfully say it really does help and made driving more enjoyable. My 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29D, 31 foot class C had too much road wander, semi wiggle, etc for me while towing my HHR. Thanks to all the discussions on this forum about suspension problems, remedies, and other corrective actions. The new Jayco J-RIDE suspension confirmed what I already had learned. Bigger sway bar, Bilstein hd shocks and trac bar does make a difference. So since I didn't want to buy a new coach, I upgraded what I already have with the addition of the trac bar! This is after getting the correct tire pressures dialed in by weighting my coach, moving some weight from the back to middle and front of coach. Used Michelin's chart on website. Then I had a complete alighment plus added the Ingell insert for correct toe and camber which made a tremendous difference. Finally, I added the Tiger trac bar and now I can drive 1 handed, don't fight the wheel, and arrive more refreshed. Next year, I will add the Bilstein HD shocks. Now, if they would take all the semi's off 95, life would be great. No disrespect to all the hard working truck drivers.
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
glad your changes helped. I have a C and we added HD Bilsteins that almost eliminated front to rear bounce, then added reflex steering stabilizer that helped steering center, and added a rear trac bar. our last two trips I have driven most of it with one hand, I have gotten use to the many tractor trailers. If I drove closer to their speed I probably wouldn't get as much push, but keep it at 60 to 65 normally. I also am satisfied with the suspension improvement, hope you have many safe and comfortable trips.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #3

Trac Bar

Mrfoto,

I'm so glad the Blue Ox Trak Bar worked out well for you!
Happy motoring!

Pete
purduepete2 is offline   Reply With Quote