Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Trade down ?

Would like opinions please.
Traded my DP last June for a gas , same size new. Full timing and the floor plan does not work for us. Coupled with many issues that need to be fixed under warranty and at least a couple days in the shop.

Would like to get back in a DP.

Have found an orphan DP same size but 6 years old. . The DP we traded last June was 9 years old , so this newer one would still be newer then when we started.

Am trying to talk ourselves into this .

We have a Canyon Star 3953 gas on a ford .
We are looking at a National Pacifica 40D on consignment at a small dealer from a widow. It is on a frieghtliner with bags. I don't think it has independent front susp. So may not be as good a ride as the Kountry Star Spartan with IFS we traded.

Any thoughts would be helpful, Thanks, Bob.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My first thought is that you must have very deep pockets to make two major money-losing trades in short order.

The Pacifica is a decent enough coach, though probably not in the same class as that Kountry Star. You are right - no IFS in that one. Here's a link tothe chassis specs for the 2008 model, and I believe the 2007 was identical.
http://freightlinerchassis.com/image...R0705-2008.pdf

Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi capecodbob,
Is there a Newmar floor plan that meets your needs? There are hundreds of pre-owned Newmars for sale.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #4

I am curious as to why the floor plan doesn't work for you. The reason I ask is the we are interested in just such a floor plan and don't see a lot of negatives to it. Of course we aren't living in it... yet! So it would be great to hear what you found lacking.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for all the input.
Gary Rvroamer. We got a very good deal in our trade in of the Kountry Star and the National we are looking at is discounted a lot compared to other National's available because of the fact the owner is now widowed and it has been sitting in the lot for over 6 months.
At the risk of someone jumping in and getting it , here is a link.Tell me what you think ?
2008 National PACIFICA 40D | Brunswick, Georgia | Newcastle RV
GaryKD , we are serching around the net for a Newmar that would work. We want to get back to a similar flooplan we had with the 2005 KSDP. We want no carpet as the wife has mucho allergies. Hard to find that won't force us to pay more then we want.

MR M The biggest concern on the floorplan is the kitchen area. There is next to nothing for a food prep area.
From the front back it is sink, small prep area that is usually occupied with a dish drain(no room on the left) then the stovetop that is right up against the fridge. Seeing that the microwave ts opened right to left that means it can't be accessed as easily if the plan were reversed It comes with a double sink that both sides are the same size and we were used to a big and little.
We have ajusted to this but it is frustrating to me that I didn't see all this beforhand.
Also having the entrance door where it is due being a gas model takes up some room that could be used.

Thanks to all for the input., Bob
Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
you have to be kidding!

Well i sure am no expert but I would kill for that kitchen!
I love to cook and manage with the kitchen table and the top of the stove,
My kitchen is about 6' and that includes the stove counter and sink....

how could you NOT embrace this beautiful well appointed rig?

None of my business but how much 'kitchen' did you have in the KS?
Not much more I bet...there is even a pull out from the counter... I am in love with this unit, lucky you I don't have the $$$ or by golly I would be there in a flash...

When I am ready to find something new , may I call you to find me something
'orphaned??'

If all the mechanics and other \stuff' is perfect then you have an ideal unit.
bright, clear of carpet and not dark or dark wood.
you are indeed a lucky couple to have this 'find'.....
Good luck with your decision...