Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Trade or sell?

I have a 83 Pace Arrow, that I paid 5K for and then spend more that another 5K to refurbished [not counting labor] it to make it conformable for my wife, now since she died in May I don't need and or want anything this large and was thinking about getting a Class C, now that too must wait being my Rochester carburetor repaired due ot it is now bleeding down and hard to start without priming it, so that need to be repaired first so I need to take it to the shop, so I guess my question is being most of you have much more experienced than I do, would it be easier and or better trying to sell the class A and then find a good use class C, or and even trade for a class C?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just thinking out loud make of it what you will.

Trading is probably easier, no advertising, no looky lous, or cost to you.

Given todays market I think (I do not know for sure) that a dealer might be in the mood to make a pretty good deal.

Personally if I had a unit that was giving me some trouble I would not want to sell to an individual but would trade to a dealer who might then have an obligation to fix everything for a prospective buyer. Or sell as is either way you do not have to represent the vehicle to anyone. The dealer might (I say might) stand for repairs to a prospective buyer as part of the deal.

Generally speaking you can get more selling by yourself but in this case maybe/probably not.

Not so sure you will get your money back either way.

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Very good question

first my condolences for the loss of your wife; such a loss is no small matter and my heart goes out to you.

This is a really good question

I am in a similar situation I have a 97 Allegro 28' it is in fair shape. Sometimes it is to big for one person and sometimes it isn't. I got it with twin beds because my sister wanted to travel with me but now she has her own rig.

I would rather have the queen bed than the twin and to convert to a queen in this rig would be a nightmare as the fresh water tank is under the street-side bunk. So, do I trade or sell? Do I get another Class A or a class C? Sometimes when I think about it my head spins. So I am eagerly awaiting the discussion on this question.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
feedback

Thanks, I have also considered a much smaller class A also mine is 30 feet and I don't need more than 20ft, now.