Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #15
Appalachian Campers
Guys I don't have a dog in this fight, but the OP didn't say he wanted to do anything illegal, he just doesn't want to pay high taxes. I certainly don't want to pay any more than is required either - and I suspect that no-one on this entire forum volunteers and sends money to the state of the feds.
Would you pay taxes if there was a legal way to avoid them? I sure as heck would not.

doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #16
Didn't mean to start a war here, that is not the purpose of the Forum. I agree, if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, that's where I'll shop. But there is a fine line between getting a deal, and well, the other way. I apologize to all offended, just my point of view. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:19 AM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K-Star:
I need to point out that the intent of iRV2.com is not to assist or aide in illegal activities such as how to avoid taxes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forming a corporation and that LLC owning an RV is no more "illegal" than avoiding high gas taxes by filling your gas tank in a low gas tax state just before entering a high gas tax state.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #18
I never intended to suggest that the Montana LLC program was illegal. If I gave that impression, I am sorry. I am aware of RVers with Montana and Oregon plates on their RV that never set foot in that state. Probably not illegal. Obviously done in order to take advantage of laws designed to favor residents of that state. We have all read of efforts by these states to identify these people to determine if what they are doing is "legal".
I suggest that we stop throwing rocks, myself included, and let Tom find an answer to his question. Which was all he wanted in the first place.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #19
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I read somewhere recently that the California Franchise Tax Board is actively looking for LLC registered vehicles that are in the State of California.

For Tom, I suggest that he contact the California Dept of Motor Vehicles, www.dmv.ca.gov. Maybe than can give him the correct answer.

George & Karen Wharton
2004 Allegro 30DA W-20
2000 Jimmy toad
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
Monaco Owners Club
Nothing wrong with trying to save your hard earned dollars.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #21
Ok! Thanks for getting all that over with.LOL
Now does anybody possibly have an answer to my question? I am going to go to DMV on monday and see what's up, but sure would like to get some ideas.

Dave not Tom
2004 Allegro 32BA
dnebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Are you telling us that after 20 replies you still dont have your answer? LOL
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gentlemen, let's not turn this thread into a war. Keep it civil and on the topic of answering the original question.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
Ken. You are late the war is over. Dnebout was a good sport.

LOL means Laughing out loud.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #25
Coastal Campers
Ya should have been in Branson last July.. had a big discussion about this around the "campfire".. Some states (Virginia for one) will not charge you sales tax when registering from out of state if you can prove that you have paid it already to another state (Virginia titles list tax paid for records sake when you move on)..

California has some very unique rules about the RV being out of state and registered for an amount of time before bringing it in to state..

Good luck..

And remember.. ya don't get something for nothing..

Jeanie & Joe

2006 "Collector Edition" Arctic Fox 24-5N
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote