Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #1

We bought our TT gently used from a man who ordered it with twin beds instead of the usual queen bed you find in a Sunline of this model. We lived with it for one and a half camping seasons and I had enough.... Soooo we are now in the middle of taking out the nightstand that was between the two twins, extending the platform for the bed and we are going to put in a regular double bed in our trailer! I am so excited to have a new mattress that we can actually sleep together on

Of course you ladies know that along with this project comes buying new bedding. I was at Kohl's the other day and they were having a big sale on comforter sets and I just so happened to have a 20% off coupon in my purse. Only one caught my eye, it is a quilt with matching shams with what I thought was a nice color combination for our trailer so I bought it. It is just beautiful and it compliments our decor very well while adding a couple more colors to the bedroom. I even found two small plaques to hang on the wall that have both the new colors and the old in them. Now to find some sheets to set off the new look and we will be ready to "camp".

It is the little things in life that make women happy.

*edited to correct spelling in the subject line

OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #2

We bought our TT gently used from a man who ordered it with twin beds instead of the usual queen bed you find in a Sunline of this model. We lived with it for one and a half camping seasons and I had enough.... Soooo we are now in the middle of taking out the nightstand that was between the two twins, extending the platform for the bed and we are going to put in a regular double bed in our trailer! I am so excited to have a new mattress that we can actually sleep together on

Of course you ladies know that along with this project comes buying new bedding. I was at Kohl's the other day and they were having a big sale on comforter sets and I just so happened to have a 20% off coupon in my purse. Only one caught my eye, it is a quilt with matching shams with what I thought was a nice color combination for our trailer so I bought it. It is just beautiful and it compliments our decor very well while adding a couple more colors to the bedroom. I even found two small plaques to hang on the wall that have both the new colors and the old in them. Now to find some sheets to set off the new look and we will be ready to "camp".

It is the little things in life that make women happy.

*edited to correct spelling in the subject line

Old 03-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #3

Yup! Flowers on my patio is what does it for me.

Your new bedroom sounds lovely... enjoy!

Judy

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 AM   #4

Thanks Judy! I also love flowers... we have a "new" home since we relocated last summer, so this will be my first time to plant what I like in the newly prepared flower beds. I have a butterfly/hummingbird garden on order from my favorite supplier, as well as several climbing roses for our fence. We just had a patio cover built so I will get to pick out some hanging basket for it. I just LOVE the process of bringing beauty to my space.

Back to our TT, I have to figure out a way to repair a bit of damage from removing the nightstand. The way Sunline attached it to the wall was amazingly well done, so in the process of removing it we scarred up the wallboard a little. We had to use a hacksaw and cut the screws. When my DH went between the nightstand and the wall with the hacksaw it scarred it in a few places. I am thinking of heading to the craft store and getting some small bottles of paint to touch it up. It has sort of a sponged on appearance so I think I can "dab" some paint on and cover it pretty well..... Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #5

How about installing a padded headboard that matches your new decor, over the screw scars ?

Most RV maunufactures install the cabinets from the outside, before the outer skin goes on, so that is probably why that cabinet was so hard to remove without scarring up the wall.

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:25 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 53clipper:
How about installing a padded headboard that matches your new decor, over the screw scars ?

Most RV maunufactures install the cabinets from the outside, before the outer skin goes on, so that is probably why that cabinet was so hard to remove without scarring up the wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How right you are about the bedside table/cabinet being installed from the outside... and I must say VERY well installed. My husband wore out or broke several hacksaws getting the dozen screws sawed in two. At one point he said "I think it would be easier to take the outer skin off." Of course he wasn't serious just a bit frustrated.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have thought about a padded headboard and still might do that. Finding the perfect material may be challenging but I think I can make it pretty easily. I have seen it done on home improvement shows. LOL

I am still considering how it will look since we think we are going to put the bed in "sideways" and the wall board is damaged on what will become the side rather than the head of the bed. I hope that makes sense... you would have to see the way the bedroom is configured to know that we have more width than length for the bed and since we are going with a regular bed instead of an RV sized one. Since a real bed is longer than the twins it had in it, we think we will need to put it in sideways.

I am headed to the craft store today and for now I am going to touch it up and try to duplicate the sponged effect. If that doesn't work well enough to keep it that way I will be hunting for material.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:38 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
A place where you spend most of your time is in the kitchen come up to the Newmar Forum and see the new cabinets to transform your kitchen. Will be transforming the bedroom with a LCD TV next. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:31 AM   #8

Cat:

2 things:

1. instead of a hacksaw, dremels work extremely well using the cutoff blades to get rid of screws and such. we use ours all the time...(so much that our 3 hacksaws are rusted in the garage...)

2. an idea: use molding from the hardware store. stacked molding (different styles stacked one on another to your needed size) would work well going from one side wall to the other. you can paint or stain in your trim color, and easily glue to the wall of the RV so no nails are needed. i would suggest flat molding (6" inches wide by 1/4" thick?) starting at a lower height on the wall, around where the mattress is, then on top at a higher level, a decorative woven piece with another rounded piece (3/8" or less) above that to nicely round the top off for whoever will be up against it. so you'd end up with 2 layers of molding, from the wall out (pm me if you want further clarification on this). or something simple as one 6" wide flat piece with quarter round at the top for the person sleeping there. this will cover the area, not look out of place, and if blended with your trim/cabinet molding, fit right in.

(*edited for clarification - i hope)

'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
camposborne is offline   Reply With Quote