Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Transport Delivery Charges

I may be having my DP delivered about 1000 miles to my home by a commercial transport delivery service, with the cost borne by the dealer. What would a dealer be paying for such a delivery? Any ideas?

Kent & Sue & Pecos
2010 Allegro Bus 43QRP
Formerly 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The 'commercial transport' is the kid from the back lot - about $300.

I dunno...just my guess.

Why don't you just fly and drive?

Chris & Sherry Brown - 2014 Anza Borrego Weekend Trip Report
2005 Itasca Sunrise 31W - W20 and 8.1
2015 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Toad
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
I'm with Chris, FLY and DRIVE... Put those precious first miles on yourself
Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #4
I did this for a time and the fees vary from 55 to 70 cents a mile plus fuel
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll bet the cost of a 1 way air fare and fuel would be less than what a delivery company would charge. I did that with my first coach, flying from Raleigh NC to Dallas TX and driving it back. If you do that, you might want to ask the dealer for a credit equal to his delivery cost.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I ask the question a year and a half ago for my new coach...1200 miles to the dealership from the manufacturer. $1800 was the number that I remember. It is a contractor. They hook their toad up to the back. As they are a commercial entity, I believe they have to follow the 10 hours a day rules with breaks that truckers have to follow, so they'll likely sleep on your couch in a sleeping bag. Also consider the weather and make sure you're winterized if necessary.
Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
uship.com will give you a pretty close estimate for free. I agree with DSL417 go get it yourself. For instance, you car gets 25 MPH highway, that is $160 for fuel plus a motel for one night. You'll tow the car home, and you'll pay the RV fuel bill either way, you drive it or a stranger does.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
While not a MH, we were given the price of $2700 to move a Jeep Overland from Idaho to Alaska. I decided that for $280(plane ticket) and about $500 for food/fuel I will go get it my self. Besides it will be a good 'break in' drive. Also it will give me a chance to get some reloading/shooting supplies that we are 'lacking' here in Alaska.

2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote