Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
TRANSWEST, Truck, Trailer, RV - Frederick, Colorado

Just wondering........ Any good folks out there who have had any dealings with the above company? Winnebago sent us there to get a few warranty repairs done as we are traveling and are away from our home dealer. Our 5er has been there since Monday, for a few "minor" issues.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #2

I think they're ok, probably just real busy, they do a lot of service work, and as I'm sure you noticed, they are adding about 10 new service bays in a new building to the North
Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you, nforus!
They have been very accommodating - we are "camping" at their facility for the weekend. Because of the heavy rain and flooding, the parts they need to complete the work are stuck in transit.
Appreciate your comment. Have a nice weekend!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I looked up the "Transwest", company of Frederick, CO, in Google, under "RV Service
Review"s. There were 6 "good" reviews, in case you're interested. If you have good experience, you might want to increase that to "7". Good luck!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #5

They took care of us a few years back. I thought they were a great company. I would put them on my highly recommended list.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you everyone - it's a pleasure to be a part of this forum!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #7

We live a 1000 miles away from them and bought our new GMC Terrain from them in 2010. We bought it late in the year and they were the closest dealer to Iowa that had exactly what we wanted. Also we were going to Colorado on a Corvette rally at the time so it was convenient to pick up our GMC as part of the trip. They did everything agree to on the phone and everyone was very accommodating. They gave me the trade-in dollars ( as agree to on the phone) after I sent extensive photo's of my Honda CR-V. My only complaint is there was a "sir charge" (posted on the wall of the dealership) on all new vehicles that they sell. This was not mentioned during phone negations and was added on top of the agreed upon price. Needless to say, that got resolved before we made the final purchase! Otherwise, all was good and the GMC is a really great SUV.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote