Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #1

Travel health

hi
I live in Canada and winter in mesa for six months,has anybody used aig travel insurance?
we use rbc travel insurance and they are great but looking for maybe other companies.we used them and no surprises.

now give me some names of other companies that you have used,never know till you use them,
right now we are covered for 5,000,000 no deduct we have no pre-existing conditions i'm 68 years old and my wife is 79 and we pay $3000.00 are we getting a deal I don't know,but like I said you don't know till you use it and read the fine print

thanks

chip from Winnipeg mb

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #2

We have used Snowbird Medi-quote , a Calgary based insurance broker, BCAA, and are currently with the Canadian Snowbird Ass. insurance.
I know my rate will jump on my 66th birthday, saw the rate on this years application, DW ( 63 )has 5 prescriptions and that puts her at a special rate. We're south for 5 1/2 months , and spent some time crunching the numbers , about dividing the time into two segments, by flying home . Right now the cost of the flights vs. savings is a wash, but that may change as the rates ; and our ages; go up.

Our coverage, $99 deductible, 5M, cost $1,800, about 900 each. With multi year claims free discount. For the time south, includes a 21 day trip coverage for the rest of the policy year.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #3

So....what are you folks going to do about the new 180 day limitation?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
So....what are you folks going to do about the new 180 day limitation?
Limits on length of stay in the USA , aren't new, just need to be handled with care . As are the absent from home province rules as they pertain to health coverage.
Personally I hope that the " Retired Canadian Visa" makes it through the US house & Senate , and in the mean time submitting the Form 8840 to the IRS every spring.

Tags
travel