Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
travel if you take prescription meds

I plan to travel west in the spring for about 5 months I take a prescription med for pain but it is a controlled medication. you can not transfer controlled meds to another pharmacy. how do you manage this.

southern2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
pops2's Avatar
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Posts: 442
I am the same as you and I just go to a pharmacy with the container that has the phone number and name of the pharmacy where I got the meds. from.
The new pharmacy then phone the pharmacy where I got the last meds and check to see if the prescription is current and renewable.
They then fill the prescription and I am on the way with a newly filled prescription
Hope that helps you.


Lyle 'n' Sherry 'n' Muffin ( Shih Tzu x) drive a 1999 National RV Tradewind 7370 with a 2005 Kia Sedona on an Automatic car dolly
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Member

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,066

Here's a recent iRV2 thread on the same topic.

l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 165
You just ask your pharmacist for 5 months support.
Recently mine even gave me for 7 months. Paid "mucho" dollars......
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
lakewoodpaul's Avatar
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 496
If youre with an online pharmacy, contact them tell them you need a vacation supply.Or tell them youre situation, I have had mine delivered to a campground before. If you don't have home delivery, I dunno,Good luck.
WIT# 34347
lakewoodpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
mhs4771's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western New York (summer) Sebring FL (winter)
Posts: 370
Since we're Full Timers, I do mine via Mail and have them shipped to our Mail Forwarding service and then have the Mail Forwarding service send them to our current location.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Enjoying the Western States!
Posts: 6,344
I believe the OP is talking about obtaining Schedule II Controlled Substances (pain meds).

This is altogether different than easily obtaining regular prescriptions as you travel.

Schedule II meds, under a new ruling, can only be prescribed for 30 days and then you need to return to your doctor for a new prescription. The prescription cannot be transferred from pharmacy to pharmacy and you cannot get one for a 90 day period and then have it renewed.

Many full-timers are having a very difficult time with this. To the OP, you need to talk to your doctor to see how you can handle this. Good luck.

Full-timed for 16 Years . . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th wheel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

scr, travel

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Supreme 2002 wiring diagrams & OTHER NEW INFORMATION "007" Travel Supreme Owner's Forum 3 05-21-2018 09:17 AM
Travel Bars for Schwintek Slide Out MutinyGuy Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 7 10-07-2014 08:59 PM
Upgrade Travel Trailer Electrical BassinDmax Boondocking 2 04-23-2013 08:53 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.