Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benellie View Post
Aint the gummint grand.....??
Plus I saw an estimate that these systems added $15,000 to $20,000 to the cost of the engines alone.

Then you have the ultra low sulfur diesel regulations that dramatically jacked up the cost of fuel.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
laj

No taxes here boss.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Plus I saw an estimate that these systems added $15,000 to $20,000 to the cost of the engines alone.

Then you have the ultra low sulfur diesel regulations that dramatically jacked up the cost of fuel.
DEF started with the 2010 models, our 09 does not have it.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I think that the engines were 'tweaked' in 2008 and again in 2010. It is one of the reasons you Cat is primarily only in the generator and off-road markets.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benellie View Post

Any help would be greatly appreciated in comparing the TS Select 2008-09, CC Magna or Affinaty and the Monaco Signature or any other coach in those price ranges.
I would check out Newmar's also, they are also well made and insulated very well too.
Been through CC, Monaco, Beaver and Newmar's factories. Bought two Newmars so far.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
No taxes here boss.
Where is here?
Benellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Yes, there are bath and a half layouts and the Magna and Affinity are very similar coaches. My understanding is that the difference being that the Magna were predesigned by the factory and Affinity allowed more customization inside with respect to colors, fabrics, etc. that is why you occasionally see some funky interior schemes on the Affinity.
The Magna version of the bath and 1/2 is called the "Donatello" model, in the Affinity line it was called the "Russian River." Not possitive, but I think those floor plans were introduced in 2008. Affinities were known for the square, flush glass windows...which became a problem. Very, very expensive to repair. Afinities were more "customizable" but there are lots of Magna's out there that have been fairly customized as well. Here's a good vidio overview for a 2007 Affinity

I agree with an earlier post ~ CC have a great deal of insulation, so they are truely "4 season" coaches. A very important consideration.

I would strongly suggest 2007 and later, as significant upgrades in slide mechanizims (more basement room), wiring and other factors (tire/axle upgrades) over previous years were made. You can see the year to year changes for all CC models here. Model History | Damon Rapozo

I recommend a search at www.oodle.com - they're pretty good at searching every imaginable web site for particular model/floorplans for sale.

Good luck and happy trails!

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #22

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I would check out Newmar's also, they are also well made and insulated very well too.
Been through CC, Monaco, Beaver and Newmar's factories. Bought two Newmars so far.
We looked at a 2008 King Aire this weekend and we both loved it. We're now leaning towards the KA.
Benellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, travel