Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #43

Simple answer is yes... Glock 30.

With that said, I'm exploring the possibility of eliminating it from the RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #44

One thing the CC holders should be aware of. Your license is flagged as having a permit. When you are pulled over and you don't present the permit, that is one potential problem, either way they know you have a permit and most likely have a gun somewhere.

Do you know what your rights and issues are if you are pulled and they decide to search your vehicle? Not getting into the requirements to do said search thats a moot point. Lets say they can meet the requirements and you are searched...then what.

I am a CC holder I carry a SIG P290 or XDS. So far we have camped on government land so left my friends at home. I have thought heavily about what can happen in states its not allowed. Having had my vehicle searched for firearms before. So I know full well it can happen.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
GLOCK 27, SIG P226, S&W 38S 5 SHOT REVOLVER, 380 AUTO, POLICE RIOT GUN AND AR15

x-COP, WHAT CAN I SAY
Old 08-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
We end up often boondocking in remote areas so prefer travelling with a firearm, usually a Colt .380 in a pocket holster (deep concealment) and a Colt 1911. I have a carry permit. Too many areas without cell service, or how about, "Hello, 911. I'm stopped at a wide spot in the road, somewhere between Edgerton and Wright, Wyoming and I'm being. . ." (We were actually there last June, but seeing as Wyoming folks are such nice people, we never had trouble or felt unsafe). I leave everything at home if going to Canada. I have no use for NJ and NY politics so stay away from those two states. I have a sister in Rochester, NY and my wife wants to go to the Statue of Liberty and Elis Island, so may make a trip out that way unarmed one day.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #47

What do you call an unloaded firearm? A club!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #48

I recently purchased a 97 Foretravel U320. Long story short-When we went to the bank to get a cashiers check the teller said we could write it off on our taxes as a "second home". How would that work having a gun in your "home". And yes either a 357, 9MM, 44, 22lr, 12ga. or all of the above.

PS I did find a safe in one of the bedroom cabinets, just need the combo!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Mexico, too. Which is why we only travel the West Coast, Canada, and Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belanga View Post
A good site to check is www.handgunlaw.us is a good site to check where your permit is honored. Never try to enter Canada with a handgun because they may confiscate you unit and you. Very strict laws.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
One thing the CC holders should be aware of. Your license is flagged as having a permit. When you are pulled over and you don't present the permit, that is one potential problem, either way they know you have a permit and most likely have a gun somewhere.

Do you know what your rights and issues are if you are pulled and they decide to search your vehicle? Not getting into the requirements to do said search thats a moot point. Lets say they can meet the requirements and you are searched...then what.

I am a CC holder I carry a SIG P290 or XDS. So far we have camped on government land so left my friends at home. I have thought heavily about what can happen in states its not allowed. Having had my vehicle searched for firearms before. So I know full well it can happen.
You realize you don't have to have a CC permit to transport a pistol? You are allowed to have a weapon stored in your motorhome without having a CC permit in most states. But since each state's rules are different, make sure you know what they are.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #51

Yes X 2.5. A first gen Glock 22, .380 Sig, and as soon as I can decide exactly how I want to secure it a 500 Mossberg. What and how I carry varies greatly on where and what we are doing. One is always within the coach, but the Mossberg will be the final fallback position. As far as having to use force, I will leave it at "it's usually fun to make the news, but it defiantly isn't fun to be the news, but I am still here to see the news".
Old 08-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #52

Flair gun legal everywhere
Old 08-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #53

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaleslie View Post
WA did consider anything that used an explosive like a flare gun or even the nail setters that use a .22 to be a gun and required a state background check. They just changed the law this year though, but it WAS illegal to have them in your vehicle or even loan them to someone else. Plus the marine stores were not doing the state required background check to buy them so they made it legal to buy them with no background check now!
Old 08-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaleslie View Post
Is that a gun previously owned by Ric Flair?
Old 08-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #55

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
Think
If I have a firearm on me or in my RV would I post on the internet for anyone to see what I have I think not.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #56

Yep
Closed Thread

Tags
fire, travel