Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Traveling with Oxygen

I am 83 and have Fibrosis of the lungs. Which is scarring. I am at the point of where I need oxygen at times. My Dr has me now sleeping with it. They also gave me some portable bottles to use when away from the concentrator. But to carry these bottles is not going to be easy. I have looked at the portable machines and they are not cheap. I am wondering what other people do and what make of machine you use when out in your motor home. I guess I could take the home unit with me and carry a few of the bottles if I see I need them but would be so much easier with a littler machine.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #2

The Inogen machine is small and portable but the cost is high. Would Medicare and your Medicare Supplement pick up some/most/all of the cost?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

My mom is 91 and we caretake her. She is on O2 full time. Her insurance, and Medicare provided bud with 2 big bottles and a big machine to supply her O2, recharge the bottles.
We put up with the bottles for while, and the yelled B'S'!. It murdered my back, I'm 65, and disabled to boot.
So they gave her a portable the runs AC, 12V car plug, or it's own dual battery pack.
She still has big machine for in the house. I put that in the TT and leave it there when taking the trailer, other wise it jusy stayed in her bedroom running.
We returned from a trip to Kansas City.
The portable more than met our needs, and then we had the big machine for when we were stopped and plugged into shore power.
Worked great. Saves my back.
Her insurance paid every dime of it.
Check with yours.
You may have to get tough with them. I did, ( a little). I did have to go back to her primary care physician and get a new script wrote.
Charge ahead. It should be taken care of $$, for you, at least mostly so.

Ken
Kenp51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel