Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Trik-L-Start Question

Last weekend we were out boondocking and I was keeping an eye on the battery voltage.What I noticed was the house and chassie battery were both draining,I do have the Trik-L-start,will it cause this to happen.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the Trik-L-Start and my chassis battery does not drain when I am boondocking and draining the house batteries. I have drained the house down to 12.2 volts before I start the genny and I checked to make sure nothing was draining the chassis battery and it still had 12.7 volts. I am certainly not saying that it couldn't drain the chassis but I would think it would be considered defective it it did.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've got a 12v socket type plug up front,witch set of batteries does this plug run off of.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I am not sure anyone can answer that and be 100% sure. It seems the coach manufactures can do that either way. Just like the dash radio. The surest way to find out is to remove the negative battery lead from either the house or chassis (whichever is easiest) and see if the 12 volt plugs still work. I would also disconnect from ground power just in case they are fed through the converter.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The Trik-L-Start should not be the cause of that. Most likley you have one or more things connected to the chassis battery, or something that is conencted to both (which in effect puts them in parallel). One common place for a battery cross connection is the LP detector. The old CCI dual power detectors had a diode to prevent cross draw, but if that gets replaced with another brand/model that lacks the diode but both wires are still hooked up, your chassis and house systems have just been combined.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ok guys,thanks for the input