Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Triple AAA, Good Sam Emergency, or Coachnet

which of these do you prefer ? i just found out triple aaa covers rvs that might be the best one versus the other 2 your thoughts plse ! i presently have good sam emergency but thinking on the switch to triple a ! looks to be a better bang for the buck !

97 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 275 Cat powered
fxdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I've never had anything but Coachnet but it seems that the vast majority of members prefer them.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had several and CoachNet is far and away the best for me. I've heard many complaints about AAA (I also am a member of that), some about Good Sam, none about CoachNet, although I'm sure there must be some.
Denny & Kylene, Abby (Golden) and Josie (Sheltie),
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R, W22, Ultrapower
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
They all rely on mostly the same set of local tow & road service providers, so the deciding factor is which one is most responsive & best at finding the right local service for your RV issues. In the past that has unquestionably been Coach-Net. However, with Coach-Net's parent company recently moving the RV service call center from Lake Havasu to Dallas, and combining it with their commercial bus road service center, their level of service to the RV community seems to have slipped a bit; time will tell if they get back to their previous position as the preferred supplier or continue to let minoir savings in their overhead jeopardize their reputation.
At approx $100 a yr for any of them, its cheap insurance. I have policies with all 3, but then I have 3 RV's, 3 trucks & a Harley, and want to be sure I can get a response anytime/anywhere.
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
I just switched from AAA to Coachnet based on feedback from here. I had never had to call AAA. Only comment is that I just had to call Coachnet due to flat tire, in my yard. I quite surprised that the only solution for a flat front tire was to have a tow truck come and tow it from my yard. I just wanted a tire service to pull the tire, I would have even taken the tire in, but Coachnet said not, they only tow for flats. Did not want to take the chances of a tow so figured it out without using the service.

That being said, they answered immediately and made sure I was safe. Just did not like their solution. I checked the policy and it says tire service or tow.

Take care.
Dan and Kathryn DeBruin plus dogs
2005 Newmar Dutchstar 4009
Victor NY
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Coachnet. I've heard of AAA sending out a regular tow truck to handle an RV issue...not so much! Good point about the Coachnet buyout. I'll be watching the boards to see if there is a drop off in service.
Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED, Honda Fit
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
danf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Ditto, if you have a Class A Coach-net is the only way to go.

2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Bob and Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
While the lockout was on our auto, our SoCal AAA didn't have a clue of whom to call in Colorado. In the following years we had a dead battery, this time called Coach-Net, service truck arrived in 15 min. Obvioulsy when we are traveling Coach-Net seems to have the superior service.

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Several years ago I was told by a AAA dispatcher that AAA clubs across the country vary in their level of RV support. In some areas of the country you may have to find your own service person and be reimbursed later by your local club. If you are considering AAA, question them very closely about their level of nationwide RV support.
Dave & Jo Ann
'08 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB | '11 F350 Lariat 6.7PSD
Half Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Forget about AAA. They are ok with cars but not RVs.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 300 Cat
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Officially fulltiming. The Journey Begins
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use Coach Net. I called AAA one time when my P/U wouldn't start, because it is a 3/4T, the AAA driver would not tow it under AAA, but would tow it for cash. You can imagine what I told him and where I told him to shove his Tow Truck and my AAA card.
Remember "Without Truck's......America Stops" RVM129
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "Real Marines".
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC -
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #12

Is this the policy that most of you are familiar with?
2008 Dynamax Dynaquest,
a good man who puts up with me, and Buck and Bull the wonderdogs.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I've had great luck with Good Sam, have used it once for my Class C and twice for my minivan. They do send you way too much junkmail though
Fulltime workamper traveling with Toy Poodles Cricket and Liza and Standard Poodle Gable
decodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
We've had Good Sam for over 10 years and never had a problem with them. Always good service. Gatordude

Gatordude is offline   Reply With Quote